Bio Complete 3 is a dietary supplement created by Gundry MD, designed to support gut health and overall well-being. This supplement combines the benefits of prebiotics, probiotics, and postbiotics, providing a comprehensive solution to various digestive issues. In this review, we will delve into the key ingredients, effectiveness, and potential side effects of this gut health supplement.
The effectiveness of Bio Complete 3 can be attributed to its well-researched and safe ingredients when used as directed on the label. However, it is important to note that taking too much of the product may lead to some side effects such as bloating, gas, and diarrhea.
Many users have reported positive results from using the supplement, with improvements in digestion, relief from unpleasant symptoms like diarrhea and constipation, as well as other benefits such as weight loss and increased energy.
It is necessary to consider both the potential benefits and risks associated with any supplement, as individual results may vary. As we review Bio Complete 3, it is essential to keep in mind the importance of balanced gut health and the impact it can have on overall well-being.
What Is Bio Complete 3?
Bio Complete 3 is a dietary supplement developed by Gundry MD, a company founded by Dr. Steven Gundry. This unique formula combines probiotic, prebiotic, and postbiotic ingredients, aiming to improve digestion and overall gut health.
As part of Gundry MD’s product line, Bio Complete 3 is designed with the intention of enhancing energy levels, reducing unhealthy cravings, and supporting a healthy weight.
To experience the potential benefits of this supplement, it is suggested to follow the recommended dosage and instructions found on the product label. While the product claims to offer various health benefits, individual outcomes may vary, and it is essential to consult a healthcare professional before using any dietary supplement.
Bio Complete 3 consists of three key ingredients, designed to work together to promote optimal gut health. These include Sunfiber, Bacillus coagulans, and Tributyrin.
Combined, these key ingredients in Bio Complete 3 work synergistically to provide a comprehensive support system for a healthy gut microbiome.
By delivering prebiotics, probiotics, and butyrate, this supplement aims to relieve common digestive symptoms, improve overall gut health, and promote a thriving community of beneficial bacteria within the gastrointestinal tract.
- Sunfiber. A highly soluble, partially hydrolyzed guar gum fiber that acts as a prebiotic. Prebiotics are essential for maintaining a healthy gut environment, as they provide nourishment for beneficial bacteria. By supporting the growth of good bacteria, Sunfiber helps maintain a balanced gut microbiome, which in turn boosts overall digestive health. Additionally, fiber plays a significant role in promoting regular bowel movements, reducing constipation, and maintaining healthy cholesterol levels.
According to a medical review published in the Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition, it is recommended to consume a minimum of 20,000 milligrams (mg) of dietary fiber daily. Bio Complete 3, on the other hand, provides only 200 mg of dietary fiber, which is equivalent to 1% of the recommended minimum amount.
- Bacillus coagulans. A probiotic strain known to support digestive health and immune function. As a probiotic, it helps to replenish and maintain healthy gut bacteria, which is essential for optimal digestion and nutrient absorption. This particular strain is resistant to stomach acid, ensuring that it reaches the intestines and maintains its efficacy.
ProDura is a probiotic strain of Bacillus coagulans that is trademarked. The recommended dose of ProDura at 16 mg may not be sufficient.
In a 2018 clinical study investigating the use of probiotics to manage irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), a dose of 333.33 mg of Bacillus coagulans was administered, which is over 20 times greater than the amount in Bio Complete 3.
- Tributyrin. A source of butyrate, a short-chain fatty acid that holds numerous health benefits. Butyrate acts as an energy source for cells lining the colon, helping to maintain a healthy gut barrier. It also promotes the growth of beneficial bacteria, reducing inflammation, and supporting overall gut health.
Benefits and Effectiveness
Bio Complete 3 is designed to promote optimal digestive health by providing a blend of prebiotics, probiotics, and post-biotics. This combination helps to restore and balance gut bacteria, and support the gut’s mucus lining, leading to a healthier gut environment and reduced bloating and gas issues.
Users of probiotics may generally experience improved body composition and faster weight loss. By improving gut health, Bio Complete 3 can help in reducing food cravings, which may contribute to overall weight loss results.
Since over 70% of the immune cells are located within the gut, a healthy gut directly impacts the immune system’s functionality. Bio Complete 3 may support a healthy immune system by maintaining a healthy gut lining and providing the necessary nutrients to the gut bacteria.
By supporting a balance of healthy bacteria in the gut, Bio Complete 3 can lead to improved digestion. Prebiotic, probiotic, and postbiotic users may experience more consistent and easier visits to the bathroom, reduce constipation, and minimize diarrhea issues.
Dosage and Usage
The recommended dosage for Bio Complete 3 is four capsules per day. It’s advised to take two capsules twice daily before meals for optimal results. Consistent and regular usage of this supplement is essential for users to experience its full benefits.
As mentioned, the suggested intake is two capsules in the morning before breakfast, followed by another two capsules later in the day, preferably an hour before dinner. This routine ensures that the supplement’s active ingredients can effectively support gut health and improve daily digestion.
When it comes to capsules and supplement intake, it’s important for users to follow the recommended dosage. Taking more or less than the suggested amount may impact the effectiveness of the product or potentially cause adverse side effects.
If users have any concerns, it’s always best to consult with a healthcare professional before making any changes to their supplement routine.
Although there are no specific clinical studies directly examining the efficacy of Bio Complete 3 itself, the product contains a unique blend of prebiotics, probiotics, and postbiotics that have been researched individually for their impact on gut health.
Postbiotics, also known as short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs), have gained attention for their potential role in maintaining gut barrier integrity and modulating immune responses in the gut.These compounds are produced as a result of the fermentation process and are believed to positively affect gut health and support various physiological functions.
Pros and Cons
Bio Complete 3 is a dietary supplement that aims to improve digestive health, energy levels, and weight management. In this section, we will discuss some of the pros and cons of using this supplement.
- It contains a blend of natural ingredients that may help support gut health, including probiotics, prebiotics, and postbiotics.
- Many users have reported positive effects on their digestion and relief from symptoms like diarrhea and constipation. Some have also experienced weight loss and increased energy levels.
- The product claims to be third-party tested, ensuring its purity and safety.
- It offers a 90-day money-back guarantee for those who don’t feel the benefits.
- There is not enough evidence to prove the effectiveness of the combination of ingredients used in Bio Complete 3.
- Some users have reported minor side effects such as gas, bloating, or diarrhea when starting the supplement.
- It is relatively expensive compared to other probiotic supplements.
Bio Complete 3 offers potential benefits for those seeking to improve their gut health and overall well-being. However, the limited evidence on its effectiveness and the possible side effects should be considered when deciding whether to use this supplement.
Potential Side Effects
Bio Complete 3 is a dietary supplement that claims to improve digestive health, energy, and weight management. While many users have reported positive results, it is essential to consider the potential side effects before using this product.
One potential side effect of Bio Complete 3 is related to its probiotic content. Probiotics can sometimes cause bloating and gas, especially when taken excessively.
In addition to its probiotic content, Bio Complete 3 also contains fiber. While fiber is beneficial for gut health, consuming too much fiber can lead to similar side effects as overdoing probiotics. The side effects associated with excessive fiber consumption might include bloating, gas, and diarrhea.
It is essential to follow the recommended dosage of Bio Complete 3 to minimize the likelihood of experiencing these side effects.
As with any dietary supplement, it is important to consult a healthcare professional before beginning a new wellness regimen, particularly if you have pre-existing medical conditions or are taking medications.
Customer Reviews and Feedback
Customer reviews of Bio Complete 3 highlight its potential benefits in addressing digestive issues, bloating, and overall gut health.
Users claim that after only a couple of weeks, they experienced improvements in bloating, gout, achy joints, and even dry eye condition. However, thise comes with diet modification.
Some customers shared their experience with Bio Complete 3 over a few weeks. Initially, they did not notice any significant changes, but eventually, they observed improved digestion, reduced bloating, and a more regular and complete bowel movement.
While many users have reported positive results, it is essential to note that individual experiences may vary, and giving the product a reasonable trial period is advised. It’s also worth considering dietary changes alongside supplement usage for optimal gut health.
Pricing and Ordering
Bio Complete 3 can be purchased from various online retailers such as Amazon or the official Gundry MD website. On the official website, one bottle of Bio Complete 3, which contains a 30-day supply, is priced at $69.95, including shipping.
There are also various promotions and discounts available, making the product more affordable for customers. For instance, by creating a Gundry MD account, you can receive a $20 discount. Additionally, by joining the mailing list, you may be eligible for member-only discounts of up to 70%. Plus, orders over $49 are eligible for free shipping within the United States.
When purchasing Bio Complete 3, customers can choose from different bundle options, potentially saving up to $66:
- Single bottle: $69.95
- 3 bottles: $188.85 ($62.95/bottle)
- 6 bottles: $353.70 ($58.95/bottle)
Customers can compare prices and offers from different retailers to find the best deal for their needs. It is important to consider factors such as promotions, discounts, and bundle options to decide where to order Bio Complete 3.
Return Policy and Customer Service
Gundry MD, the manufacturer of Bio Complete 3, offers a 90-day money-back guarantee to ensure customer satisfaction. If customers are unhappy with their purchase, they can contact customer service to initiate the return process and request a refund.
The customer service phone number is (800) 852-0477, and they can address any concerns or questions about returns, refunds, and other inquiries.
If a customer receives a damaged product, they should promptly contact the customer service team. The team will assist in resolving the issue, providing guidance on returning the damaged item and possibly offering a replacement.
Gundry MD, based in California, values the privacy of its customers. They ensure that all personal information provided during transactions or inquiries is securely handled and protected. The company adheres to strict privacy guidelines and only shares data when necessary to process orders and provide customer support.
While Bio Complete 3 is generally well-received by customers, it’s essential to know the return policy and quality customer service the manufacturer offers to guarantee a satisfactory experience. Should customers encounter any issues or concerns, the dedicated customer service team can professionally and efficiently address their needs.
While Bio Complete 3 is known for its effectiveness in promoting gut health, it’s important to explore alternative options for consumers who may be seeking variety. Below are a few alternatives to consider:
- NatureM.D. GutConnect 365: Known for its potent formula, GutConnect 365 supports gut health and digestion through a blend of powerful ingredients.
- Terra Origin Healthy Gut: This supplement combines high-powered gut-healing ingredients into a delicious powder, making it a great alternative for those who prefer powder over capsules.
Each alternative to Bio Complete 3 caters to different preferences and needs, but all aim to provide support for a healthy gut. Consumers may find it beneficial to research multiple options and seek advice from a healthcare professional before making their final decision.
Is It Worth It?
Gundry MD’s Bio Complete 3 appears to have garnered a considerable amount of praise from various sources. The supplement has an excellent A+ rating and accreditation by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) as well as many glowing reviews on Trustpilot.
Users have reported improved digestion, reduced bloating and gas, increased energy levels, and even diminished cravings for unhealthy foods, leading to a slimmer waistline.
However, it is important to point out some limitations in the product’s potency. While the prebiotic and postbiotic aspects of the formula are well-dosed, the probiotic component may not be as effective due to its low dose and the presence of only one bacterial strain.).
Consequently, the effectiveness of Bio Complete 3 as a probiotic may be reduced compared to its competitors.
Another aspect to consider is the product’s price. Some customers mention it being significantly more expensive than other similar supplements on the market, albeit still beneficial and worth the price. It is advised that anyone interested in trying Bio Complete 3 should commit to taking it for at least 30 days to observe its full range of benefits.
Ultimately, the decision to invest in Gundry MD’s Bio Complete 3 should be based on individual needs and preferences, as well as a consultation with a healthcare professional. Consider both the potential benefits and limitations, including the supplement’s effectiveness and its pricing, when making the final decision.
By optimizing gut health, users may experience a range of benefits such as improved digestion, reduced food cravings, and better overall health. Additionally, it can be helpful in weight management since it may suppress appetite and prevent cravings for unhealthy food.
While research on postbiotics is still emerging, the science behind prebiotics and probiotics is well-established. A healthy gut impacts various aspects of health, including immune function, which is crucial for overall well-being. Given that around 70% of the immune system is housed in the gut, it is essential to maintain its health.
The quality of the supplement is better understood through customer reviews. Bio Complete 3 has received mixed feedback, but a majority of users report positive changes in intestinal health, immunity, and weight loss within the first few days of usage.
However, it is always recommended to consult a physician before introducing dietary supplements, especially for individuals with existing health conditions or on medications.
In conclusion, Bio Complete 3 could be a valuable addition to a health-conscious individual’s dietary routine, potentially aiding in weight management and overall wellness. However, users should remember that dietary supplements are not a replacement for a balanced diet or a healthy lifestyle, and consulting a healthcare professional is always a wise step to ensure safety and efficacy.
What are the benefits of using Bio Complete 3?
The makers of Bio Complete 3 claim users can experience improved digestion, better body composition, faster weight loss, reduced food cravings, increased muscle strength, greater energy and vitality, and more consistent and easier visits to the bathroom when using their product.
How does Bio Complete 3 work?
Bio Complete 3 is a combination of three blends: probiotics, prebiotics, and postbiotics. These ingredients work together to support better gut health and a more balanced digestion process. It also claims to reduce cravings and support weight loss.
What do people say about Bio Complete 3?
Most Bio Complete 3 reviews are positive, with people mentioning relief from digestion related issues like bloating, gassy feeling, and inconsistent bowel movements. Some users also reported weight loss and increased energy after using Bio Complete 3.
- Canani, Roberto Berni. “Potential Beneficial Effects of Butyrate in Intestinal and Extraintestinal Diseases.” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 17, no. 12, 2011, p. 1519, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3070119/, https://doi.org/10.3748/wjg.v17.i12.1519.
- Corliss, Julie. “Probiotics May Ease Constipation.” Harvard Health Blog, 21 Aug. 2014, www.health.harvard.edu/blog. Accessed 2 May 2023.
- Information, National Center for Biotechnology, et al. Can Probiotics Help against Diarrhea? Www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, Institute for Quality and Efficiency in Health Care (IQWiG), 19 Dec. 2019, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK373095/. Accessed 2 May 2023.
- Ioniță-Mîndrican, Corina-Bianca, et al. “Therapeutic Benefits and Dietary Restrictions of Fiber Intake: A State of the Art Review.” Nutrients, vol. 14, no. 13, 26 June 2022, p. 2641, https://doi.org/10.3390/nu14132641.
- Li, Hang-Yu, et al. “Effects and Mechanisms of Probiotics, Prebiotics, Synbiotics, and Postbiotics on Metabolic Diseases Targeting Gut Microbiota: A Narrative Review.” Nutrients, vol. 13, no. 9, 15 Sept. 2021, p. 3211, https://doi.org/10.3390/nu13093211.
- Majeed, Muhammed, et al. “Bacillus Coagulans MTCC 5856 for the Management of Major Depression with Irritable Bowel Syndrome: A Randomised, Double-Blind, Placebo Controlled, Multi-Centre, Pilot Clinical Study.” Food & Nutrition Research, vol. 62, no. 0, 4 July 2018, https://doi.org/10.29219/fnr.v62.1218.
- Musazadeh, Vali, et al. “Anti-Obesity Properties of Probiotics; a Considerable Medical Nutrition Intervention: Findings from an Umbrella Meta-Analysis.” European Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 928, 5 Aug. 2022, p. 175069, www.sciencedirect.com/science/article. Accessed 2 May 2023.
- “Anti-Obesity Properties of Probiotics; a Considerable Medical Nutrition Intervention: Findings from an Umbrella Meta-Analysis.” European Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 928, 5 Aug. 2022, p. 175069, www.sciencedirect.com/science/article. Accessed 2 May 2023.
- Ozma MA, Abbasi A, Akrami S, Lahouty M, Shahbazi N, Ganbarov K, Pagliano P, Sabahi S, Köse Ş, Yousefi M, Dao S, Asgharzadeh M, Hosseini H, Kafil HS. “Postbiotics as the Key Mediators of the Gut Microbiota-Host Interactions.” Infezioni in Medicina, vol. 30, no. 2, 1 June 2022, https://doi.org/10.53854/liim-3002-3. Accessed 21 Nov. 2022.
- Reider, Simon J., et al. “Prebiotic Effects of Partially Hydrolyzed Guar Gum on the Composition and Function of the Human Microbiota—Results from the PAGODA Trial.” Nutrients, vol. 12, no. 5, 2 May 2023, p. 1257, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles. Accessed 7 Apr. 2021.
- Wiertsema, Selma P., et al. “The Interplay between the Gut Microbiome and the Immune System in the Context of Infectious Diseases throughout Life and the Role of Nutrition in Optimizing Treatment Strategies.” Nutrients, vol. 13, no. 3, 9 Mar. 2021, p. 886, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8001875/, https://doi.org/10.3390/nu13030886. Accessed 2 May 2023.
- Williams, Nancy Toedter. “Probiotics.” American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy, vol. 67, no. 6, 15 Mar. 2010, pp. 449–458, https://doi.org/10.2146/ajhp090168.
- Yoon, Seon-Joo, et al. “Chemical and Physical Properties, Safety and Application of Partially Hydrolized Guar Gum as Dietary Fiber.” Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition, vol. 42, no. 1, 1 Jan. 2008, pp. 1–7, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2212352/, https://doi.org/10.3164/jcbn.2008001.
Next, check out some recent reviews you might find useful: