Lead Front-End Engineer
As an experienced Ember.js engineer we expect you to lead the front-end development of our platform. You will:
- Own the front-end architecture - our current stack is Ember.js/node.js.
- Proactively optimize client-side code and model data in the front-end MV* to ensure high performance and robustness.
- Work closely with the product manager, UX/UI designer and the back-end developers in an agile environment.
- Iterate front-end features quickly based on user feedback.
- Test Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI) are important for us but we’re not as strong as we would like. We expect you to have a strong track record with these processes and to take ownership on the front-end side.
- At least 4 years proven industry experience.
- Passionate about client-side development, though you can work at any level of the stack – you’re a software engineer not just a front-end developer.
- Solid experience with Ember.js framework. Experience with other front-end framework (React, Angular, Backbone) counts as long as there’s willingness to learn Ember.js.
- Solid experience building, testing and debugging complex systems in a team environment.
- Experience with responsive web development and modern browser technologies.
We care about product craftsmanship and we strive for great design - not only in visual presentation of the products but in the underling code and technical architecture as well.
Our apps must be easy to use.
You will be expected to manage your own time, to apply new methods to advance a given project.
We are a small team so communication and team spirit are essential.
Some basic scientific knowledge and an interest in genetics, statistics and computational techniques would be ideal.
We like to ship code often, experiment with different types of cutting edge technologies, make architectural decisions collaboratively and we value each other’s code. We like to hire and train junior level developers, so mentorship and team building should be in your DNA. We can offer flexible working arrangements and there are likely to be opportunities for training and career progression for the right person.
Send an email to email@example.com, including the following:
- your CV, cover letter and portfolio (if applicable)
- the position you are applying for
- why you want to be a part of Repositive, a startup with a strong social mission
- a description of your scientific background (if any)