Lead Front-End Engineer
Repositive is changing the way genetics researchers discover and interact with human DNA data. Data access is difficult and time consuming, a bottleneck for advances in cancer and genetic diseases research. Our ambition is to empower and enable our users to build a strong community around finding, accessing and sharing genomic data.
We’re looking for passionate engineers with experience building clever web platforms who want to make a real impact on health research. You can see more about our team here: repositive.io/team and you can get a glimpse of what we’re building here: youtu.be/YEkQxRMSFOc.
- Own the front-end architecture - our current stack is Ember.js/node.js.
- Proactively optimise client-side code and model data in the front-end MV* to ensure high performance and robustness.
- Work closely with the product manager, UX/UI designer and the back-end developers in an agile environment.
- Iterate front-end features quickly based on user feedback.
- Test Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI) are important for us. We expect you to have a strong track record with these processes and to take ownership on the front-end side.
You should have:
- At least 5 years proven industry experience.
- A passion for client-side development, though you can work at any level of the stack – you’re a software engineer not just a front-end developer.
- Solid experience with Ember.js framework. Experience with other front-end framework (React, Angular, Backbone) counts as long as there’s willingness to learn Ember.js.
- Solid experience building, testing and debugging complex systems in a team environment.
- Experience with responsive web development and modern browser technologies.
You are also:
- Passionate – We care about product craftsmanship and we strive for great design - not only in visual presentation of the products but in the underlying code and technical architecture as well.
- User Oriented – Our apps must be easy to use.
- Self-Motivated – You will be expected to manage your own time, to apply new methods to advance a given project.
- Team Player – We are a small team so communication and team spirit are essential.
- Interdisciplinary – Some basic scientific knowledge and an interest in genetics, statistics and computational techniques would be ideal.
What you’ll get:
- Personal development- Conferences and workshops, huddles and hackathons. We like learning.
- 25 days holiday- Plus UK public holidays. Use them up.
- Stretch yourself- Try, fail fast. We have an insatiable appetite for innovation and playful experimentation.
- Social troop- Sometimes we head to the pub, other times the climbing wall. We are an inclusive tight-knit team.
- First-rate perk days- Last time we went go-karting other trips have included the zoo and a boat trip
- A balance- Wellbeing’s not just for Christmas; we always maintain a healthy balance of work, play and recharge time.
Who we are:
A young, friendly and enthusiastic team made up of genomics scientists, designers and developers. We have a flat organization structure and you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact from the ideas and designs you contribute. We support Open Source and Open Science initiatives, and we consider the impact of our decisions not only on shareholders but also on employees, customers, suppliers, community and the environment.
Send an email to email@example.com, including the following:
- your CV, cover letter and portfolio (if applicable)
- the position you are applying for
- why you want to be a part of Repositive, a startup with a strong social mission
- a description of your scientific background (if any)