Mission and Strategy
In collaboration with AstraZeneca, Repositive has launched a PDX consortium to develop a collaborative, pre-competitive PDX platform. The objective of the project is to provide a resource for streamlined discovery and access to molecular data from PDX models to suit specific needs in oncology research.
The PDX Product Manager will sit at the centre of a multidisciplinary team, translating the founders’ vision into achievable goals and keeping the team on track as they work to build and promote the Repositive PDX platform.
The PDX Product Manager will work with the founders to develop the strategy and direction for the Repositive PDX platform and communicate this vision to the rest of the team.
It is essential for candidates to have an empathy for the struggles of both data users and data providers in genomic research and be motivated by the potential of Repositive products to address the issues of data access and connect the world of genomic data.
The users of the PDX platform encompass both PDX data consumers - such as biopharma - and PDX vendors. The PDX Product Manager is required to understand the needs and requirements of both these user groups in order to develop a successful product.
The PDX Product Manager will eventually report to the Chief Product Manager. Until a CPO is in place, the PDX Product Manager will report to the CEO.
The PDX Product Manager will be responsible for:
- Building and maintaining the product roadmap - gathering requirements, defining user journeys and prioritising features - and communicating this to the team
- Working closely with PDX partners and the business development team to validate the value proposition as a viable business proposition
- Coordinating the PDX product components and roadmap with the core platform components and roadmap to minimise duplication and maximise synergy of development efforts
- Coordinating with the business development team to exchange learning points and relevant feedback from users
- Defining release milestones in a manner that balances immediate needs and long-term goals
- Defining and tracking Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) including Net Promoter Score for platform users
- Managing the product development process from conception through prioritisation, design, build, release, analysis and iteration with the development team
- Planning, managing and conducting regular UX/user feedback sessions to validate user stories and planned features
- Providing the development team with clearly actionable goals and priorities based on qualitative and quantitative data
The PDX Product Manager will collect metrics and KPIs through their daily work and will report these at least monthly to the team and management to create full transparency of progress.
Customer experience and customer happiness
A successful PDX Product Manager will create happy users of the Repositive PDX platform who will recommend the platform to their colleagues and managers. The assessment of customer experience will be based on customer surveys, and a standard of success will be 90% very satisfied customers.
Alignment with company values
The successful PDX Product Manager will be aligned with the Repositive key values and gain the trust of the team through consistent performance. The alignment with Repositive values and performance in team work will be assessed by 360 feedback.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have a passion for science and a curious mind
- Be familiar with agile processes and breaking goals down into concise user stories
- Be product focussed – have the ability to peel back the layers of why a feature was developed, who it was for, understand the trade-offs, propose new and better ideas, have an opinion about whether the feature is good/bad/effective, etc.
- Have strong process management skills and the ability to coordinate multi-disciplined teams working toward a shared goal
- Have outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Have strong organizational and analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Be comfortable in working with a high degree of autonomy in a fast-paced, unstructured start-up environment
- Have 5-7 years experience working in organizations building web-based products (either agency side or in house)
Nice to haves:
- Analytical experience with analytics platforms (Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Kissmetrics or similar) and A/B testing methodologi*
- A degree in Interaction Design, Business or Marketing
The Repositive office is in Cambridge, UK. Some travel is expected for this role.
At Repositive, we value our employees and strive to provide challenging and satisfying roles for our staff. Every team member is encouraged to develop professionally and grow in their role. Growing as a team member within Repositive may mean specialising in a certain skill, it may mean taking on management responsibility or it may mean diversifying skills and taking on responsibilities in different areas of the business.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the following:
- your CV & cover letter
- the position you are applying for
- why you want to be a part of Repositive, a startup with a strong social mission
- a description of your scientific background (if any)