If you’re looking for a way to achieve fuller and plumper lips, you may have come across City Lips. This brand of lip gloss claims to help you achieve younger-looking lips with fewer lines and wrinkles in just 10 minutes.
But does it really work? In this City Lips review, we’ll take a closer look at the product and what users have to say about it.
City Lips is available in several formulas, including clear, shimmer, and opaque. The gloss promises to help enhance the natural beauty of your lips by providing hydration and plumping effects.
According to the manufacturer, the key ingredient in City Lips is hyaluronic acid, which is known for its ability to retain moisture and help plump up the skin.
But with so many lip plumping products on the market, it can be tough to know which one to choose. In this review, we’ll examine the pros and cons of City Lips, as well as what other users have experienced when using the product.
Whether you’re looking for a subtle enhancement or a dramatic change, we’ll help you determine if City Lips is the right choice for you.
What is City Lips?
If you’re looking for a lip plumping solution, City Lips is a brand of lip gloss that promises to help you achieve plumper, younger-looking lips, with fewer lines and wrinkles, in just 10 minutes. The gloss is available in several formulas: clear, shimmer, and opaque.
City Lips is not your average lip gloss. Upon application, you’ll notice a slight tingling followed by a subtle plumping effect after a few minutes. The product uses a unique collagen peptide technology to moisturize and hydrate the lips at the cellular level. The users are promised to experience younger and plumper lips, with fewer wrinkles and lines, in just 10 minutes.
City Lips is designed to help the lips look fuller and plumper. The product claims to stimulate collagen production, which helps to plump up the lips and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The gloss is also formulated with hyaluronic acid, which helps to hydrate and moisturize the lips, leaving them looking smooth and supple.
How Does City Lips Work?
If you are looking for fuller and plumper lips, City Lips may be a product to consider. The product is designed to make your lips look more full and bigger. The ingredients in the product include an amino acid blend and hyaluronic acid to moisturize the lips and help the skin make more collagen, potentially decreasing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth.
Using City Lips is easy. Simply apply the product to your lips using the applicator wand. The product is a lip gloss that comes in a variety of shades, so you can choose the one that best matches your skin tone and personal style. The product is designed to work quickly, so you may notice a difference in the appearance of your lips in as little as 10 minutes.
According to City Beauty, the company that makes City Lips, the product works best when used twice per day. Based on customer reviews, some people see a bigger difference in the appearance of their lips the more they use the product.
It is important to note that while City Lips can make your lips look more full and plump, the effects are temporary. The product is not a substitute for cosmetic procedures like lip fillers or injections. However, if you are looking for a non-invasive way to enhance the appearance of your lips, City Lips may be worth considering.
If you’re considering using City Lips, it’s important to know what ingredients are in the product. City Lips contains an amino acid blend and hyaluronic acid to moisturize the lips and help the skin make more collagen, potentially decreasing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth.
Sodium hyaluronate is the sodium salt of hyaluronic acid, which was shown in a 2018 medical review to significantly reduce wrinkles and increase skin hydration.
City Lips also contains a potent peptide blend. Palmitoyl oligopeptide, for example, has been proven to effectively boost natural collagen production, which leads to decreased lip wrinkles and increased lip volume. Palmitoyl hexapeptide-12 focuses on increasing firmness and smoothness.
Other ingredients in City Lips include:
- Hydrogenated Polyisobutene
- Butylene Glycol
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride
- Silica Dimethyl Silylate
- Sodium Hyaluronate
- Palmitoyl Oligopeptide
- Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12
- Vanillyl Butyl Ether
- Ethylhexyl Palmitate
- Sorbitan Isostearate
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1
- Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E)
- Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A)
- Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C)
It’s important to note that some individuals may be allergic or sensitive to certain ingredients in City Lips. Always check the ingredients list before using the product, and perform a patch test if you have any concerns.
City Lips is a lip-plumping gloss that promises to give you a fuller, smoother, and more moisturized pout. Here are some of the benefits you can expect when using City Lips:
The main benefit of City Lips is its ability to plump up your lips, giving them a fuller appearance without the need for lip fillers. This is achieved through the use of ingredients like hyaluronic acid, which helps to attract and retain moisture in the lips, making them appear more voluminous.
City Lips also contains oligopeptides, which stimulate the production of collagen in the lips. Collagen is a protein that gives your lips their structure and plumpness. By increasing collagen production, City Lips can help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on your lips, giving them a smoother, more youthful look.
In addition to its lip-plumping effects, City Lips is also a great moisturizer for your lips. The gloss contains a blend of natural oils and emollients, like jojoba oil and shea butter, which help to hydrate and nourish your lips, preventing them from becoming dry and chapped.
By keeping your lips moisturized, City Lips can help to improve the overall health of your lips, making them look and feel softer and smoother.
One of the best things about City Lips is that it provides long-lasting results. Unlike other lip-plumping products that only give you temporary results, City Lips can help to improve the appearance of your lips over time, thanks to its collagen-boosting and moisturizing properties.
City Lips also comes in a variety of formulas, including clear, shimmer, and opaque, so you can choose the one that best suits your needs and preferences. Whether you’re looking for a subtle, natural-looking gloss or a bold, statement-making color, City Lips has you covered.
While City Lips products are generally safe to use, some people may experience side effects. These side effects can vary depending on the individual, the product used, and the frequency of use.
One possible side effect of using City Lips products is a tingling or burning sensation on the lips. This is a common side effect of lip plumpers, and it usually goes away after a few minutes. However, if the sensation is severe or lasts for a long time, you should stop using the product and consult a doctor.
Another possible side effect of using City Lips products is dryness or flakiness of the lips. This can happen if you use the product too often or if you have sensitive skin. To avoid this, it is recommended that you use the product sparingly and moisturize your lips regularly.
Some people may also experience an allergic reaction to one or more of the ingredients in City Lips products. If you have a history of allergic reactions or sensitive skin, you should test the product on a small area of skin before using it on your lips. If you experience any redness, swelling, or itching, you should stop using the product immediately and seek medical attention.
It is also important to note that City Lips products are not recommended for use by pregnant or nursing women. This is because some of the ingredients in the products may be harmful to the baby.
If you experience any side effects while using City Lips products, it is important to stop using the product and seek medical attention if necessary. Always follow the instructions on the product label and use the product as directed.
How to Use City Lips?
If you want to get the best results from City Lips, it is important to use it properly. Here are the steps to follow:
- Start by making sure your lips are clean and dry. Remove any lipstick or lip balm that you may have applied earlier.
- Next, apply a small amount of City Lips to your lips. You can use the applicator wand that comes with the product to do this. Start by applying it to the center of your lips and then work your way outwards.
- Wait for a few seconds for the product to dry. You may feel a slight tingling sensation in your lips, which is normal.
- Once the product has dried, you can apply your usual lipstick or lip gloss over it if you want to. City Lips can be used as a base for your lipstick or on its own.
- For best results, it is recommended that you use City Lips once a day. You should start seeing results within 15 to 30 days of consistent use.
It is important to note that City Lips is not a permanent solution for plumper lips. The effects of the product will wear off after a few hours, so you may need to reapply it throughout the day if you want to maintain the plumping effect.
Also, if you have sensitive skin, it is recommended that you do a patch test before using City Lips. Apply a small amount of the product to your inner arm and wait for 24 hours to see if you have any allergic reactions.
If you’re considering purchasing City Lips, it’s always a good idea to read customer reviews to get an idea of what others think about the product. After all, the best way to know whether a product is worth your money is to hear from those who have already tried it out.
Many City Lips reviews on the brand’s website are overall very positive. The product with the most reviews is City Lips, which has received over 700 5-star customer reviews. Many of the City Lips reviews mention that the customer was surprised at how well the product worked. For example, one City Lips review says, “This works!”
However, it’s important to note that not all customer reviews are positive. Some customers have reported that the product did not work for them, or that it caused discomfort or irritation. For example, one Amazon customer review for City Lips Clear says, “It is very true that there is no discomfort with City Lips, but for me it didn’t really have any effect on the lines or the plumpness of my lips.
I used it multiple times daily just as the instructions say, but no results. To me, it’s just a nice lip gloss, maybe a very nice lip gloss…but not worth the price unfortunately.”
It’s always a good idea to read a variety of reviews to get a well-rounded idea of what customers think about a product. If you’re considering purchasing City Lips, take some time to read through customer reviews to see if it’s the right product for you.
If you’re looking for expert reviews on City Lips, you’ll find a mix of opinions. Some beauty bloggers and reviewers praise the product for its plumping effects and long-lasting wear, while others are more critical.
According to The Dermatology Review, City Lips has received overall positive reviews from customers on the brand’s website. The product with the most reviews is City Lips, which has received over 700 5-star customer reviews. Many of the City Lips reviews mention that the customer was surprised at how well the product worked.
City Lips a more mixed review. While they note that the product has a number of positive reviews on Amazon, they also point out that it has an average review rating of 3.8 stars at the time of writing this article.
Overall, expert reviews of City Lips are mixed. While some reviewers praise the product for its plumping effects and long-lasting wear, others are more critical of its stickiness and lack of effectiveness. If you’re considering trying City Lips, it’s worth doing your research and reading a variety of reviews to get a sense of whether it’s right for you.
Where to Buy City Lips?
If you’re interested in trying City Lips, there are several places where you can purchase it. Below are some of the most popular options:
The official City Lips website is the best place to buy the product if you want to ensure you’re getting the real thing. The website offers all of the different formulas and shades of City Lips, and you can often find deals and discounts by signing up for their email list or checking their social media pages.
Additionally, the website offers a 60-day money-back guarantee, so you can try the product risk-free.
Another popular option for purchasing City Lips is through Amazon. You can find all of the different formulas and shades on the site, and you may be able to find deals or discounts depending on the seller.
However, it’s important to note that not all sellers on Amazon are authorized retailers of City Lips, so be sure to check the seller’s ratings and reviews before making a purchase.
In addition to the official website and Amazon, you may be able to find City Lips at other retailers such as Ulta or Sephora. However, availability may vary depending on your location and the specific store. It’s always a good idea to call ahead to see if they carry the product before making a trip to the store.
No matter where you decide to purchase City Lips, it’s important to read reviews and do your research beforehand to ensure you’re getting a safe and effective product. Additionally, be wary of any sites or sellers offering the product at a significantly discounted price, as it may be a counterfeit or expired product.
You’ve read about the benefits and drawbacks of City Lips lip plumper. While some users have reported noticeable results, others have not seen much of a difference. It’s important to keep in mind that everyone’s body chemistry is different, so what works for one person may not work for another.
When considering whether to try City Lips, it’s important to weigh the cost against the potential benefits. The product is on the pricier side, but if you’re looking for a lip plumper that can help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, it may be worth the investment.
Before purchasing, make sure to read reviews from other users and do your own research to determine if City Lips is right for you. Remember, while lip plumpers can help enhance the appearance of your lips, they are not a substitute for healthy habits like staying hydrated and protecting your lips from the sun.
How does City Lips work?
City Lips is a lip plumping gloss that works by stimulating collagen production in the lips. The product contains hyaluronic acid, which attracts moisture to the lips, making them look fuller and smoother.
The gloss also contains peptides that help to boost collagen production, which can make the lips appear more voluminous over time.
Is City Lips safe?
A: Yes, City Lips is safe to use. The product is made with natural ingredients and is free from parabens, sulfates, and phthalates. However, if you have sensitive skin, it’s always a good idea to do a patch test before using any new product on your lips.
How long does it take to see results?
You should see results immediately after applying City Lips. The gloss provides a temporary plumping effect that lasts for a few hours. With continued use, the peptides in the product can help to boost collagen production, which can lead to more long-term plumping results.
Can I wear City Lips under lipstick?
Yes, you can wear City Lips under lipstick. Just apply the gloss first and let it absorb for a few minutes before applying your lipstick.
How often should I use City Lips?
You can use City Lips as often as you like. The product is safe and gentle enough to use daily, and the more you use it, the more plumping results you may see over time.
- Becker, Lillian C., et al. “Safety Assessment of Silylates and Surface-Modified Siloxysilicates.” International Journal of Toxicology, vol. 32, no. 3_suppl, May 2013, pp. 5S24S, https://doi.org/10.1177/1091581813486299 . Accessed 12 Oct. 2020.
- Bella, Jordi, et al. “Hydration Structure of a Collagen Peptide.” Structure, vol. 3, no. 9, Sept. 1995, pp. 893–906, https://doi.org/10.1016/s0969-2126(01)00224-6. Accessed 2 Mar. 2020.
- Dayan, Nava, et al. “Skin Moisturization by Hydrogenated Polyisobutene–Quantitative and Visual Evaluation.” Journal of Cosmetic Science, vol. 60, no. 1, 2009, pp. 15–24, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19296892/#:~:text=Hydrogenated%20polyisobutene%20(HP)%20is%20used. Accessed 27 Apr. 2023.
- Dréno, B., et al. “Safety Review of Phenoxyethanol When Used as a Preservative in Cosmetics.” Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology: JEADV, vol. 33 Suppl 7, no. S7, 1 Nov. 2019, pp. 15–24, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31588615, https://doi.org/10.1111/jdv.15944.
- Fu, Peter P., et al. “Physiological Role of Retinyl Palmitate in the Skin.” Vitamin A, 2007, pp. 223–256, https://doi.org/10.1016/s0083-6729(06)75009-9. Accessed 17 Apr. 2023.
- He, Chen, et al. “Sodium Hyaluronates Applied in the Face Affects the Diversity of Skin Microbiota in Healthy People.” International Journal of Cosmetic Science, 29 Jan. 2023, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36710533/, https://doi.org/10.1111/ics.12845.
- Juncan, Anca Maria, et al. “Advantages of Hyaluronic Acid and Its Combination with Other Bioactive Ingredients in Cosmeceuticals.” Molecules, vol. 26, no. 15, 22 July 2021, p. 4429, https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules26154429.
- Keen, MohammadAbid, and Iffat Hassan. “Vitamin E in Dermatology.” Indian Dermatology Online Journal, vol. 7, no. 4, 2016, p. 311, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4976416/, https://doi.org/10.4103/2229-5178.185494.
- Lin, Tzu-Kai, et al. “Anti-Inflammatory and Skin Barrier Repair Effects of Topical Application of Some Plant Oils.” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 19, no. 1, 27 Dec. 2017, p. 70, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5796020/, https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms19010070.
- Meves, Alexander, et al. “Vitamin c Derivative Ascorbyl Palmitate Promotes Ultraviolet-B-Induced Lipid Peroxidation and Cytotoxicity in Keratinocytes.” The Journal of Investigative Dermatology, vol. 119, no. 5, 1 Nov. 2002, pp. 1103–1108, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12445199/, https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1523-1747.2002.19521.x. Accessed 27 Apr. 2023.
- Myo, Hla, et al. “Butylene Glycol Used as a Sustainable Solvent for Extracting Bioactive Compounds from Camellia Sinensis Flowers with Ultrasound-Assisted Extraction.” ACS Omega, vol. 8, no. 5, 7 Feb. 2023, pp. 4976–4987, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36777602/, https://doi.org/10.1021/acsomega.2c07481. Accessed 27 Apr. 2023.
- Papakonstantinou, Eleni, et al. “Hyaluronic Acid: A Key Molecule in Skin Aging.” Dermato-Endocrinology, vol. 4, no. 3, July 2012, pp. 253–258, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3583886/, https://doi.org/10.4161/derm.21923.
- PubChem. “Ethylhexyl Palmitate.” Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Ethylhexyl-palmitate. Accessed 27 Apr. 2023.
- —. “Sorbitan Stearate.” Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Sorbitan-stearate.
- —. “Tribehenin.” Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Tribehenin. Accessed 27 Apr. 2023.
- —. “Vanillyl Butyl Ether.” Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Vanillyl-butyl-ether. Accessed 27 Apr. 2023.
- Resende, Diana I. S. P., et al. “Usage of Synthetic Peptides in Cosmetics for Sensitive Skin.” Pharmaceuticals, vol. 14, no. 8, 21 July 2021, p. 702, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8400021/, https://doi.org/10.3390/ph14080702. Accessed 23 Mar. 2022.
- Trookman, Nathan S, et al. “Immediate and Long-Term Clinical Benefits of a Topical Treatment for Facial Lines and Wrinkles.” The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology, vol. 2, no. 3, 2009, pp. 38–43, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2923951/.
- Zhao, Wei, et al. “Caprylic Triglyceride as a Novel Therapeutic Approach to Effectively Improve the Performance and Attenuate the Symptoms due to the Motor Neuron Loss in ALS Disease.” PloS One, vol. 7, no. 11, 2012, p. e49191, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23145119/, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0049191. Accessed 31 Oct. 2022.
Next, check out some recent reviews you might find useful: