Table of Contents
When it comes to hair care, finding the right shampoo and conditioner can be a challenging task, especially with the plethora of choices available. If you’re looking for a new hair care duo to try, you might want to consider Monday Haircare products.
This brand has garnered attention for its beautifully designed packaging and commitment to offering high-quality, eco-friendly products that cater to various hair types and needs.
In this article, you’ll learn more about Monday Haircare’s shampoo and conditioner, including the brand’s formulations, their effectiveness, and some firsthand user reviews.
This information can be valuable in making an informed decision on whether these products are suitable for your hair care routine. So, let’s dive into the world of Monday Haircare and how it might benefit your locks.
Monday Haircare offers a range of products tailored to specific hair concerns, from providing extra moisture for dry and coarse hair to gentle formulations that cater to sensitive scalps.
One of the perks of using these products is that they are made with natural ingredients such as coconut oil, rice protein, shea butter, and vitamin E. With this knowledge, you can confidently incorporate Monday Haircare into your daily routine and give your hair the care it deserves.
About Monday Shampoo and Conditioner
Monday Haircare is a popular brand that aims at providing high-quality haircare products such as shampoos and conditioners. Many users have found their products to be effective in addressing hair concerns like dryness and frizziness.
Monday Haircare offers a variety of shampoo-conditioner duos that cater to different hair types and needs. Currently, there are four ranges available: Smooth, Moisture, Gentle, and Volume. Each range focuses on specific ingredients and functions to address hair concerns effectively.
For example, the Smooth set contains artichoke extract, coconut fruit extract, and shea butter, which focus on protection and softening.
Vegan and Cruelty-Free
When it comes to being ethical and eco-friendly, Monday Haircare’s products are PETA certified cruelty-free and vegan-friendly. This means that no animal testing is performed in the production process, and none of the ingredients are derived from animals.
Monday Haircare combines attractive and sustainable packaging, making it a hit on social media platforms like TikTok and Instagram. The bottles are made from recycled plastic, making them an eco-friendly choice for haircare. Moreover, the packaging is designed to be recyclable and refillable, reducing the environmental impact further.
Let’s explore the key ingredients in Monday Haircare’s shampoo and conditioner to understand how they contribute to your hair’s health and appearance.
Shea butter is a powerful moisturizing agent that helps nourish and hydrate your hair. Present in both the shampoo and conditioner, this ingredient aids in reducing frizz and enhancing the hair’s natural softness.
Coconut oil is known to soften your hair and add a noticeable shine. It penetrates the hair shaft, protecting it from breakage and keeping it moisturized. Incorporating this oil into your haircare routine can lead to improved overall hair health.
A pivotal ingredient in Monday Haircare’s products is Vitamin E, which supports both hair and scalp health. Its antioxidant properties help maintain your scalp’s well-being, while also promoting healthy hair growth and reducing oxidative stress.
Found in the conditioner, panthenol helps improve the hair’s elasticity, moisture retention, and flexibility. It also acts as a humectant, attracting moisture to your strands and keeping them hydrated.
With these key ingredients, Monday Haircare’s shampoo and conditioner work together to provide your hair with the nourishment and protection it needs for a healthy and vibrant appearance.
Hair Types and Concerns
When using Monday shampoo and conditioner, it’s important to consider your hair type. Different hair types may respond differently to the various product ranges available from Monday Haircare.
If you have fine hair, you might be looking for a shampoo and conditioner that adds body and volume, while not weighing your hair down. For those with thick hair, managing frizz and achieving smoothness might be a priority.
Oily hair types might be more concerned about controlling excess oil without over-drying the scalp.
In addition to your hair type, you should also consider your specific hair concerns when selecting a Monday shampoo and conditioner. The brand offers four different product ranges to cater to various concerns: Smooth, Moisture, Gentle, and Volume).
- Damaged hair: Those suffering from damaged hair may appreciate Monday Haircare’s shampoo and conditioner ranges, as they are specifically formulated for damaged hair.
- Split ends: If split ends are a concern, the Smooth range might help, as it contains protective and softening ingredients like artichoke extract, coconut fruit extract, and shea butter.
- Dry hair: If you struggle with dry hair, the Moisture range could be beneficial, potentially delivering much-needed hydration to your locks.
- Sensitive scalp: For those with a sensitive scalp or normal to delicate hair types, the Gentle range, which includes primarily natural ingredients like coconut oil, rice protein, and vitamin E, might provide a soothing experience.
- Natural waves: Lastly, if you have natural waves, you may want to explore the Volume range to help enhance your hair’s natural texture and body.
Choosing the best Monday shampoo and conditioner for your hair type and concerns should help you achieve your desired results.
Product Features and Benefits
In this section, we will explore the various features and benefits of Monday shampoo and conditioner, focusing on their Smooth, Moisture, and Volume shampoos. Additionally, we will delve into the fragrance, lather, and overall value of these products.
The Smooth shampoo from Monday Haircare is formulated with protective and softening ingredients, designed to provide a sleek and frizz-free finish to your hair. This shampoo is ideal for those with hair that is prone to frizz or seeking a smoother texture.
Designed for hydration, the Moisture shampoo is perfect if your hair is in need of some extra care. Its nourishing formula enhances your hair’s ability to retain moisture for a healthier appearance, leaving it soft and hydrated.
If you’re looking to add body and volume to your hair, the Volume shampoo is the option for you. While some users may not see a significant difference in volume and body like with OUAI’s Fine Hair Shampoo, this shampoo still works to provide you with fuller-looking hair.
Monday Haircare offers products with appealing fragrances, ranging from tropical scents to floral fragrances. The pleasant smells add to your overall experience, making your hair washing routine more enjoyable.
Monday shampoo and conditioner products create a luxurious lather, which not only feels great but also makes it easy to distribute the product through your hair. It ensures that your hair is coated evenly and provides an efficient cleansing experience.
How To Use?
Using Monday shampoo and conditioner is a simple process that can easily be incorporated into your hair care routine. Follow these easy steps to get the best results from the products:
- Wet your hair: Start by thoroughly wetting your hair with lukewarm water, making sure to saturate from root to tip.
- Apply shampoo: Dispense a small amount of Monday shampoo into your palm and massage it into your scalp using your fingertips. Work the shampoo into a lather, ensuring to cover your entire scalp and hair.
- Rinse thoroughly: Rinse the shampoo out of your hair with lukewarm water, ensuring that no residue is left behind. Be gentle as you rinse to avoid tangles and knots.
- Condition your hair: Squeeze a small amount of Monday conditioner into your palm and apply from the mid-lengths to the ends of your hair. Avoid applying conditioner directly to your scalp, as this can weigh down your roots and make your hair look greasy.
- Let it sit: Allow the conditioner to work its magic for at least 2-3 minutes. This ensures that your hair is absorbing all the nourishing ingredients the conditioner has to offer.
- Rinse again: Rinse the conditioner out of your hair with lukewarm water, making sure to remove all of the product. Lightly towel-dry your hair to remove excess water before moving onto the next steps in your styling routine.
By following these simple steps, you can ensure that you’re getting the most out of your Monday shampoo and conditioner.
Pros and Cons of Monday Shampoo and Conditioner
When it comes to Monday Shampoo and Conditioner, there are both advantages and drawbacks to consider. This section will provide you with a concise analysis of both the pros and cons of these products.
- Monday Shampoo is free from SLS and parabens, which is beneficial for those who prefer more natural ingredients. It also contains decent ingredients that promote hair health and cleanliness.
- These products are not expensive, making it accessible for those on a budget.
- It effectively cleans the scalp and leaves hair feeling smooth.
- Monday Shampoo and Conditioner may not be suitable for all hair types. Some users have experienced irritation due to specific ingredients.
- Although the fragrance is lower in the Gentle duo, the product are still highly fragranced which might not be ideal for those with sensitive noses.
- There have been some cases of hair loss linked to the use of Monday products. However, this may not be the case for everyone, as individual experiences may vary.
As you can see, the pros and cons vary, and it is essential to weigh these factors before deciding if Monday Shampoo and Conditioner are the right products for your haircare needs.
Safety and Ingredient Considerations
Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS)
One important ingredient to consider when evaluating shampoos and conditioners is Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS). SLS is a common surfactant used in various personal care products to create a lather, but it can also strip natural oils from your hair and scalp, leading to dryness and irritation.
While not specific to Monday Haircare, it is crucial to check the ingredient list for SLS if you have sensitive skin or if your hair is prone to dryness.
Another ingredient often found in hair care products is parabens. Parabens are synthetic preservatives used to prolong the shelf life of products, but they have been linked to potential health concerns, such as hormone disruption.
When reviewing Monday Haircare or any other products, it’s essential to look for paraben-free formulas if you want to avoid this ingredient. According to Byrdie, Monday Haircare shampoos and conditioners are formulated without parabens, making them safer for those concerned about this particular ingredient.
Butylated Hydroxytoluene (BHT)
Butylated Hydroxytoluene (BHT) is another ingredient commonly used as a synthetic antioxidant to prevent the oxidation of oils and fats in personal care products. Although its use is considered safe at low levels, some studies have raised concerns about the potential toxic effects of BHT in higher concentrations.
As with SLS and parabens, it’s crucial to carefully read the ingredient list when evaluating any hair care products, including Monday Haircare. Information from Illuminate Labs indicates that overall, Monday Haircare shampoos and conditioners contain mostly safe and nourishing ingredients.
However, if you have sensitive skin or other specific concerns, always exercise caution and look for alternatives if needed.
When looking for reviews on Monday Haircare’s shampoo and conditioner, you’ll find quite a variety of feedback. Many users are happy with these products, while some have concerns.
One customer mentioned that they love the packaging and really enjoy using the shampoo and conditioner, as they are paraben-free, cruelty-free, and come in recyclable bottles (Amazon). Additionally, another review talks about how nourishing the shampoo feels and the ease of working it through the hair(Byrdie).
For those with frizzy, coarse, and curly hair, the Monday Haircare smooth shampoo and conditioner set have garnered an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars from 17 global ratings(Amazon).
Coconut oil, shea butter, and vitamin E are some of the ingredients responsible for the effective smoothing and moisturizing properties of the products.
Despite the positive feedback, some customers have experienced issues with the products. A user reported significant hair loss after using Monday’s shampoo and conditioner(ProductReview.com.au), which is certainly a cause for concern.
However, another user found the shampoo and conditioner to be quite good, with a luxurious feel that made their hair clean and refreshed after showering(Worst Brands). Though opinions are mixed, it’s clear that Monday Haircare products have benefitted many individuals.
As always, results may vary and it’s crucial to consider different hair types and individual preferences when making a decision.
Where to Buy
If you’re looking to purchase Monday Haircare products, you have multiple options available. One popular choice is buying them online from Amazon, where you can find the Moisture Shampoo + Conditioner Set as well as the Volume Shampoo + Conditioner Set.
Another option for purchasing Monday Haircare products is at Ulta, where you can find the shampoo and conditioner sets as well.
For those residing in the United States, you can also find these products at Target stores.
While shopping, keep in mind that these products have received various beauty awards such as the Cosmopolitan 2021 Holy Grail Beauty Award, Glamour 2021 Beauty Award, and an InStyle 2022 Best Beauty Buy Award. As such, you can feel confident in your decision to try them out for yourself.
Is It Worth It?
When considering whether Monday Haircare products are worth it for you, it’s important to weigh the pros and cons based on available information.
Monday Shampoo is known for its highly moisturizing formula, specifically designed for dry and damaged hair. The brand claims that their shampoo not only deeply cleanses the scalp but also tames frizz, making hair smoother and more hydrated.
Moreover, Monday Haircare offers a range of shampoo and conditioner duos tailored to various hair concerns, giving you options based on your specific needs.
However, it’s crucial to acknowledge that some users have reported hair loss and thinning after using Monday Shampoo and Conditioner. Individual experiences may vary, meaning that while the product works well for some people, it may not be suitable for everyone.
To make an informed decision, you can also consider watching unsponsored reviews on platforms like YouTube to get honest, unbiased opinions from others who have tried the products. Keep in mind your hair type and specific concerns, and make sure to monitor how your hair reacts if you choose to give Monday Haircare a try.
Final Thoughts and Recommendations
After thorough research and examination of customer experiences, Monday shampoo and conditioner prove to be inclusive and suitable for various hair types. Their gentle formulations cater to damaged hair, while providing salon-worthy results for those who use them regularly.
One of the key aspects of Monday Haircare products is their focus on natural ingredients. Many of their shampoos and conditioners are vegan and cruelty-free, making them an ethical choice for the conscious consumer.
Furthermore, the use of nourishing and softening ingredients like coconut oil, shea butter, and vitamin E helps combat frizz and keeps hair moisturized.
Whether you have frizzy hair, virgin hair or anything in between, the different product ranges of Monday Haircare cater to your specific needs. Comparable to high-end brands like Ouai, Monday Haircare offers the bonus of being reasonably priced without compromising on quality.
Lastly, the practical pump feature on their bottles ensures ease of use while minimizing product waste. In light of these observations, we confidently recommend trying Monday shampoo and conditioner to achieve healthier, smoother, and well-moisturized hair.
Is MONDAY haircare safe to use on color-treated hair?
Yes, MONDAY haircare products are safe to use with color-treated and dyed hair. Their shampoos and conditioners are formulated to protect your hair’s color, so you can continue to enjoy vibrant and healthy hair.
Can MONDAY haircare be used with extensions?
Absolutely! MONDAY haircare products are suitable for use with hair extensions. Their gentle yet effective formulas cleanse and condition your hair without causing damage to your extensions.
Is MONDAY haircare suitable for sensitive or irritated skin?
Yes, their Gentle shampoo and conditioner are designed for delicate hair and sensitive scalps, ensuring a soothing and comfortable experience. If you have sensitive or irritated skin, opt for their Gentle range to maintain your hair’s health.
Which MONDAY shampoo and conditioner is best for coily hair?
For coily hair, it’s essential to maintain proper moisture and hydration. We recommend the MONDAY Moisture shampoo and conditioner, specifically formulated for dry hair, providing your coils with much-needed nourishment.
What’s the overall user rating of MONDAY shampoo and conditioner?
MONDAY shampoo and conditioner sets on Amazon have an impressive average user rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars, indicating high customer satisfaction. The products also receive an “A” grade on Fakespot, a software tool that detects potentially fake Amazon reviews.
Hopefully, these answers help address your concerns and provide you with the information needed to choose the right MONDAY haircare products for your specific hair needs.
- Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT). (1986). IARC monographs on the evaluation of the carcinogenic risk of chemicals to humans, [online] 40, pp.161–206. Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/3473001/ [Accessed 29 May 2023].
- Cline, A., Uwakwe, L.N. and McMichael, A.J. (2018). No sulfates, no parabens, and the ‘no-poo’ method: a new patient perspective on common shampoo ingredients. Cutis, [online] 101(1), pp.22–26. Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29529111/.
- Lin, T.-K., Zhong, L. and Santiago, J. (2017). Anti-Inflammatory and Skin Barrier Repair Effects of Topical Application of Some Plant Oils. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, [online] 19(1), p.70. doi:https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms19010070.
- Monselise, A., Cohen, D.E., Wanser, R. and Shapiro, J. (2015). What ages hair? International Journal of Women’s Dermatology, [online] 1(4), pp.161–166. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijwd.2015.07.004.
- Mustacich, D.J., Bruno, R.S. and Traber, M.G. (2007). Vitamin E. Vitamin E, pp.1–21. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/s0083-6729(07)76001-6.
- Scott, L.N., Fiume, M., Bergfeld, W.F., Belsito, D.V., Hill, R.A., Klaassen, C.D., Liebler, D.C., Marks, J.G., Shank, R.C., Slaga, T.J., Snyder, P.W. and Heldreth, B. (2022). Safety Assessment of Panthenol, Pantothenic Acid, and Derivatives as Used in Cosmetics. International Journal of Toxicology, 41(3_suppl), pp.77–128. doi:https://doi.org/10.1177/10915818221124809.
- Wallace, T.C. (2019). Health Effects of Coconut Oil-A Narrative Review of Current Evidence. Journal of the American College of Nutrition, [online] 38(2), pp.97–107. doi:https://doi.org/10.1080/07315724.2018.1497562.
Next, check out some recent reviews you might find useful: