If you’re looking for a new makeup brand to try, you might want to consider Seint. Formerly known as Maskcara, Seint has been gaining popularity in the cosmetics industry with its unique approach to makeup application and impressive product line.
But before you buy, it’s important to know what you’re getting into. In this Seint makeup review, we’ll take a closer look at the brand, the products, and what customers are saying.
Seint is known for its IIID foundation, a four-in-one product that includes a highlight, contour, lip, and cheek color. According to the brand, this foundation is designed to simplify your makeup routine and enhance your natural beauty. But Seint offers more than just foundation.
The brand also has a range of eyeshadows, lipsticks, skincare products, and more. With so many options, it can be hard to know where to start.
In this review, we’ll cover everything you need to know about Seint makeup, from the quality of the products to the customer experience. We’ll also look at some of the most popular products and give you our honest opinion. Whether you’re a makeup pro or a beginner, this review will help you decide if Seint is the right brand for you.
What is Seint Makeup?
If you’re looking for a makeup brand that focuses on enhancing your natural beauty, Seint Makeup might be the perfect fit for you. Formerly known as Maskcara, Seint Makeup is a cosmetic brand that aims to revolutionize the beauty industry by providing quality makeup products that are easy to use.
Seint Makeup is known for its Highlight and Contour (HAC) technique, which involves using cream products in one layer all over your face for a quick and easy look that can be blended out for a full face of makeup. The brand offers a wide range of makeup products, including foundation, concealer, highlighter, contour, blush, and more.
One of the things that sets Seint Makeup apart from other makeup brands is its commitment to providing quality products that are cruelty-free, paraben-free, and gluten-free. While the brand does use beeswax in some of its products, all of the makeup ingredients are cleanly sourced and highly refined.
Seint Makeup also has a low rating on the Environmental Working Group (EWG) scale, which means that its products are considered safe and non-toxic.
Seint Makeup is known for its clean and natural ingredients that are beneficial for your skin. The company uses only high-quality, non-toxic, and cruelty-free ingredients that are safe for all skin types.
Here are some of the key ingredients that you can find in Seint Makeup products:
- Liquid paraffin. Also known as mineral oil, it is a clear, odorless oil derived from petroleum. It is commonly used in cosmetics as an emollient to help moisturize and soften the skin.
- Petrolatum. Also called petroleum jelly, it is a semi-solid mixture derived from petroleum. It acts as a barrier on the skin, helping to prevent moisture loss and providing a protective layer.
- Ozokerite wax. A type of mineral wax derived from shale rock, ozokerite wax is often used in cosmetics as a thickening agent and emollient to provide texture and smoothness to the product.
- Beeswax. A natural wax produced by bees, it is widely used in cosmetics for its emollient and thickening properties. Beeswax helps to moisturize the skin and provides structure and stability to the product.
- Cetyl esters. Cetyl esters are a combination of fatty alcohols and fatty acids. They act as emollients and are commonly used to enhance the texture and spreadability of cosmetic products.
- Lanolin. Derived from sheep’s wool, lanolin is a natural wax-like substance that helps to moisturize and protect the skin. It is often used in cosmetics as an emollient and occlusive ingredient.
- Zinc stearate. Zinc stearate is a white, fine powder derived from zinc and stearic acid. It is commonly used as a binding agent, providing texture and improving the adherence of the product to the skin.
- Titanium dioxide. A naturally occurring mineral, titanium dioxide is widely used in cosmetics as a white pigment and sunscreen agent. It provides coverage, opacity, and helps to protect the skin from harmful UV rays.
- Ultramarines. Ultramarines are pigments derived from minerals, primarily used in cosmetics to provide blue, violet, and pink shades. They add color and vibrancy to makeup products.
Pros and Cons of Seint Makeup
Pros of Seint Makeup:
- Formulation. Seint Makeup is known for its commitment to using high-quality ingredients in their products, which can result in excellent performance and long-lasting wear.
- Versatile product range. Seint Makeup offers a diverse range of products, including foundations, concealers, blushes, eyeshadows, and lip colors, providing options for various makeup looks and preferences.
- Customizable shades. The brand offers a unique approach to shade selection, allowing customers to create custom foundation shades by mixing different color layers to match their skin tone precisely.
- Natural and radiant finish. Many users appreciate the natural and radiant finish that Seint Makeup provides, which can give the appearance of healthy, glowing skin.
- Buildable coverage. Seint Makeup products are often praised for their buildable coverage, allowing users to achieve their desired level of coverage from sheer to full, depending on their needs.
- User-friendly application. The brand emphasizes simplicity in their makeup application techniques, making it accessible even for beginners or those with limited makeup skills.
- Cruelty-free and vegan options. Seint Makeup is committed to being cruelty-free, and they offer vegan options, providing conscientious consumers with suitable choices.
Cons of Seint Makeup:
- Limited shade range. While Seint Makeup offers customization options, some users may find the initial shade range limited, especially for individuals with unique or hard-to-match skin tones.
- Learning curve for application. The brand’s unique application techniques, such as their “IIID” foundation method, may require a learning curve for those unfamiliar with their approach, potentially leading to initial challenges in achieving desired results.
- Price point. Seint Makeup is positioned as a premium brand, and the prices of their products can be higher compared to some other makeup brands, which may not be suitable for budget-conscious individuals.
- Availability. Depending on the region, Seint Makeup may not be readily available in physical stores, limiting the accessibility of their products for some customers who prefer in-person shopping.
It’s important to note that individual experiences with makeup products can vary, and what may be a pro or con for one person may not apply universally. Considering personal preferences, skin type, and desired outcomes can help determine if Seint Makeup is the right fit for an individual.
How to Use Seint Makeup?
Using Seint makeup is simple and beginner-friendly. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you apply Seint makeup:
- Start with clean, moisturized skin.
- Apply your preferred skincare products and let them absorb fully.
- Choose the Seint makeup colors that match your skin tone and desired look.
- Apply the Seint Highlight color to the high points of your face, such as the tops of your cheekbones, the bridge of your nose, and your cupid’s bow.
- Next, apply the Seint Contour color to the hollows of your cheeks, your temples, and your jawline to create dimension and definition.
- Blend the Highlight and Contour colors together using a brush or sponge.
- Apply the Seint Lip + Cheek color to your lips and cheeks for a pop of color.
- Finish with a setting spray or powder to help the makeup last longer.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your Seint makeup:
- Use a damp sponge to blend the Highlight and Contour colors for a more natural finish.
- Apply the Lip + Cheek color with your fingers for a more sheer look or with a brush for a more intense color payoff.
- Experiment with mixing the Highlight and Contour colors to create your own custom shades.
- Use the Seint makeup brushes for best results, but you can also use your own brushes or sponges.
- Start with a light hand and build up the color as needed to avoid looking too heavy or cakey.
Seint Makeup is known for its products that are designed to enhance your natural beauty. Many customers have raved about how easy it is to apply and how natural it looks on the skin. The Lip + Cheek product, in particular, has received a lot of positive feedback for its creamy texture and ability to give a youthful, warm look to the face.
However, it’s important to note that Seint Makeup does contain a preservative ingredient that some consumers may want to avoid. Additionally, a colorant ingredient was found to contain heavy metals in a medical study, so it’s important to do your own research and decide if Seint Makeup is right for you.
Ease of Use
One of the biggest selling points of Seint Makeup is how easy it is to use, even for beginners. The products are designed to be applied quickly and easily, without the need for a lot of tools or complicated techniques. Many customers have reported that they can achieve a natural, fresh-faced look in just a few minutes.
Seint Makeup offers a range of shades to suit different skin tones, but some customers have reported that the shade range is limited. If you have a very light or very dark skin tone, you may have trouble finding a shade that matches perfectly. However, Seint Makeup does offer a color matching service that can help you find the right shade for your skin.
What Do Experts Say?
Iron oxides are widely used in makeup as colorants and are considered safe and effective alternatives to artificial dyes. Unlike synthetic dyes, iron oxides have been extensively researched and shown to be well-tolerated by the skin. Additionally, studies indicate that iron oxides can provide some level of protection against UV damage, making them beneficial ingredients for sun-exposed areas of the face.
Ultramarines, on the other hand, are pigments derived from minerals that contribute to the creation of dark and intense shades in makeup products. It’s important to note that certain medical reviews have raised concerns about potential heavy metal contamination in some colorants, including ultramarines.
However, it’s worth mentioning that the levels of contamination detected in ultramarines tend to be lower compared to other colorants. As with any cosmetic ingredient, it is advisable to consider personal sensitivities and consult with a healthcare professional if you have specific concerns.
When it comes to specific Seint Makeup products like Seint Highlight and Seint Contour, it’s worth noting that they contain the preservative ingredient phenoxyethanol.
While phenoxyethanol is a commonly used preservative in cosmetics to prevent the growth of bacteria and fungi, some individuals may prefer to avoid this ingredient due to personal sensitivities or preferences for more natural formulations.
Exploring alternative products or consulting with a dermatologist can be helpful for those seeking phenoxyethanol-free options.
Ultimately, the choice of makeup products and ingredients depends on individual preferences and priorities. Considering factors such as skin sensitivities, desired effects, and personal values can guide the selection of cosmetics that align with individual needs.
Where to Buy Seint Makeup?
If you’re looking to buy Seint Makeup, there are a few options available to you. In this section, we’ll cover where you can purchase Seint Makeup, both from the official website and from other retailers.
The official Seint Makeup website is the best place to purchase Seint products. The website offers a wide range of products, including eyeshadows, lipsticks, and foundation. You can also use the Seint palette builder to create a customized makeup palette that suits your needs.
When you shop on the official Seint Makeup website, you can be confident that you’re getting authentic products. Plus, the website often runs promotions and discounts, so you can save money on your purchase.
Seint Makeup is not available in any physical stores, so if you prefer to shop in person, you’ll need to look for other options. However, there are some online retailers that carry Seint products.
One option is Amazon, where you can find a selection of Seint Makeup products. However, it’s important to note that not all products on Amazon are sold by Seint, so you’ll need to be careful to ensure that you’re getting authentic products.
Another option is eBay, where you can also find Seint Makeup products. As with Amazon, you’ll need to be careful to ensure that you’re getting authentic products.
Overall, while there are other retailers that carry Seint Makeup, we recommend purchasing directly from the official website to ensure that you’re getting authentic products and taking advantage of any promotions or discounts.
If you’re looking for a cosmetic brand that focuses on enhancing your natural appearance, Seint Makeup might be the right choice for you. The company aims to revolutionize the beauty industry by providing an aesthetic that mirrors real-life beauty, rather than unrealistic expectations.
While Seint Makeup has received mixed reviews, many customers appreciate the simplicity of the HAC Compact System and the quality of the products. The Seint Eyeshadow, in particular, has been praised for its richly pigmented and long-lasting effect.
However, it’s important to note that some customers have reported issues with the preservative ingredient and the colorant ingredient that was found to contain heavy metals in a medical study. It’s always recommended to do your own research and consult with a healthcare professional before using any cosmetic product.
In summary, Seint Makeup is a better-formulated and safer option than many commercial makeups, but it’s not without its flaws. If you’re interested in trying out Seint Makeup, be sure to read through reviews and ingredient lists carefully to make an informed decision.
If you’re interested in trying out Seint Makeup, you may have some questions before making a purchase. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about Seint Makeup:
Is Seint Makeup cruelty-free?
Yes, Seint Makeup is a cruelty-free brand. They do not test their products on animals and do not work with any suppliers who do so.
What is Seint Makeup’s return policy?
Seint Makeup offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for all of their products. If you’re not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it for a full refund within 30 days of receiving it. Additionally, they offer a 30-day color exchange policy, allowing you to exchange your products for a different color within 30 days of purchase.
What is the price range for Seint Makeup products?
The price range for Seint Makeup products varies depending on the product. Their HAC compacts range from $42 to $98, while their eyeshadows range from $14 to $16. They also offer bundles and sets at discounted prices.
What skin types is Seint Makeup suitable for?
Seint Makeup is suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin. They offer a variety of shades and formulas to accommodate different skin tones and concerns.
- Bernstein, Eric F., et al. “Iron Oxides in Novel Skin Care Formulations Attenuate Blue Light for Enhanced Protection against Skin Damage.” Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, 18 Nov. 2020, https://doi.org/10.1111/jocd.13803.
- Calloway, D. H., et al. “Some Physiologic Characteristics of Esters of Cetyl Alcohol.” Canadian Journal of Biochemistry and Physiology, vol. 37, no. 1, 1 Jan. 1959, pp. 17–23, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/13618758/. Accessed 28 May 2023.
- Dréno, B., et al. “Safety of Titanium Dioxide Nanoparticles in Cosmetics.” Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology: JEADV, vol. 33 Suppl 7, 1 Nov. 2019, pp. 34–46, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31588611/, https://doi.org/10.1111/jdv.15943.
- Environmental Working Group. “EWG Skin Deep® | Seint Highlight, Candlelit Rating.” Environmental Working Group, www.ewg.org/skindeep/products/1002016-Seint_Highlight_Candlelit/. Accessed 27 May 2023.
- “EWG Skin Deep® | What Is ULTRAMARINES.” EWG, www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredients/706769-ULTRAMARINES/. Accessed 28 May 2023.
- Ghadially, Ruby, et al. “Effects of Petrolatum on Stratum Corneum Structure and Function.” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 26, no. 3, Mar. 1992, pp. 387–396, https://doi.org/10.1016/0190-9622(92)70060-s. Accessed 28 May 2023.
- Kang, Seok-Young, et al. “Moisturizer in Patients with Inflammatory Skin Diseases.” Medicina, vol. 58, no. 7, 1 July 2022, p. 888, https://doi.org/10.3390/medicina58070888. Accessed 28 May 2023.
- Khan, Mohammad Rizwan, et al. “Heavy Metals in Acrylic Color Paints Intended for the School Children Use: A Potential Threat to the Children of Early Age.” Molecules, vol. 26, no. 8, 19 Apr. 2021, p. 2375, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8073559/, https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules26082375.
- Kuroda, K., et al. “The Effects of Long-Term Exposure to Ozokerite Mainly Consisting of an Aliphatic Series of Hydrocarbons Using F344 Rats.” Food and Chemical Toxicology, vol. 55, 1 May 2013, pp. 476–483, www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0278691513000823, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fct.2013.01.034. Accessed 28 May 2023.
- Nong, Yvonne, et al. “A Review of the Use of Beeswax in Skincare.” Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, 31 Mar. 2023, https://doi.org/10.1111/jocd.15718. Accessed 28 May 2023.
- PubChem. “CID 21225646.” Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/21225646. Accessed 28 May 2023.
- Rawlings, A. V., and K. J. Lombard. “A Review on the Extensive Skin Benefits of Mineral Oil.” International Journal of Cosmetic Science, vol. 34, no. 6, 21 Sept. 2012, pp. 511–518, https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-2494.2012.00752.x.
- “Toxicity of the Cosmetic Preservatives Parabens, Phenoxyethanol and Chlorphenesin on Human Meibomian Gland Epithelial Cells.” Experimental Eye Research, vol. 196, 1 July 2020, p. 108057, www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S001448352030316X, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.exer.2020.108057.
Next, check out some recent reviews you might find useful: