Orgain Protein Powder has become a popular choice for fitness enthusiasts and health-conscious individuals alike. Its unique formula, which includes plant-based protein sources and organic superfoods, sets it apart from many other protein supplements on the market.
As such, it’s essential to consider the key factors that make this product stand out, as well as its potential benefits and drawbacks.
Many users have praised Orgain Protein Powder for its taste and affordability, with some reviews emphasizing its effectiveness in promoting muscle growth and recovery while preventing muscle loss. Additionally, the product is certified organic, which is a major selling point for those who prioritize clean and sustainable sourcing.
However, despite its impressive credentials, it’s crucial to examine Orgain Protein Powder more closely to determine if it’s the right choice for your fitness and nutritional needs. Hence, this article will provide a comprehensive review of the product, diving into factors such as its ingredients, taste, cost, and overall performance.
Orgain Protein Powder Overview
Orgain is a popular brand known for its high-quality, organic protein powders and other health-focused products. In this section, we will explore the history and origin of Orgain, as well as the journey of its founder, Dr. Andrew Abraham. This information will help provide a better understanding of the brand and the driving force behind its mission.
History and Origin of Orgain
Orgain was founded by Dr. Andrew Abraham, a physician and cancer survivor, who was inspired to create a clean, nutritious protein powder after his personal experience.
During his cancer treatment, Dr. Abraham found it challenging to find a protein powder that met his nutritional needs and was made from organic ingredients. This led him to create his own formula, which eventually became the foundation for Orgain’s product line.
Orgain has since expanded its product offerings to include various protein powders, such as plant-based protein powders, grass-fed whey protein powders, protein bars, and keto protein powder. The brand is committed to using high-quality, organic ingredients and prioritizes taste, nutrition, and affordability in its products.
Orgain Protein Powder is a supplement that contains 21g of organic plant-based protein per serving, along with 5-7g of organic fiber.
It is certified vegan, lactose-free, gluten-free, and soy-free, making it suitable for individuals with dietary restrictions or preferences. Additionally, Orgain Protein Powder is known for its smooth and delicious taste, which makes it a great addition to shakes, smoothies, and other recipes.
Orgain Protein Powder contains two main blends of ingredients, namely the Orgain Organic Protein Blend and the Orgain Organic Creamer Base. Let’s take a closer look at each of these blends:
- Orgain Organic Protein Blend
- Organic Pea Protein. Pea protein is rich in essential amino acids that are needed for muscle growth and recovery. It is also easily digestible and has a low potential for allergenicity.
- Organic Brown Rice Protein. Brown rice protein is another high-quality source of protein that is rich in amino acids. It is also hypoallergenic and easily digestible.
- Organic Chia Seed. Chia seeds are a great source of fiber, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids. They can help to promote digestive health and reduce inflammation in the body.
- Orgain Organic Creamer Base
- Organic Acacia. Acacia is a type of soluble fiber that can help to promote digestive health and reduce inflammation in the body.
- Organic High Oleic Sunflower Oil. This type of sunflower oil is high in monounsaturated fats, which can help to lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Organic Rice Dextrin. Rice dextrin is a type of carbohydrate that is used as a thickener and binder in food products.
- Organic Sunflower Lecithin. Sunflower lecithin is a natural emulsifier that can help to improve the texture and consistency of food products.
- Organic Rosemary Extract. Rosemary extract is a natural antioxidant that can help to prevent the oxidation of fats and oils in food products.
In terms of sweeteners and flavors, this Orgain Protein Powder contains organic erythritol and organic stevia, which are both natural sweeteners that contribute to the overall taste of the product without adding unnecessary calories.
Furthermore, the chocolate coconut flavor is derived from organic alkalized cocoa and organic natural flavors, providing you with a delicious and satisfying protein shake.
The Orgain Organic Protein Powder offers you several health benefits, thanks to its balanced and high-quality ingredients. It offers the following health benefits:
- Supports muscle building and recovery
- Provides essential nutrients from organic foods
- May aid in weight management
Pros and Cons
- Quality Ingredients. Orgain Organic Protein Powder contains high-quality, organic ingredients like brown rice, peas, and chia seeds1.
- No Artificial Sugars. Instead of artificial sugars, Orgain uses natural sweeteners that are not harmful to your health.
- Great Taste. Despite being a plant-based protein powder, Orgain boasts a delicious taste and effectively mixes with water.
- Lactose, Soy, and Gluten-Free. This protein powder is suitable for various dietary needs, as it is certified organic, lactose-free, soy-free, non-GMO, and gluten-free.
- Muscle Growth and Recovery. Orgain Protein Shakes are perfect for gaining muscle and promoting muscle recovery, as well as preventing muscle loss and improving overall performance5.
Despite the numerous benefits of Orgain Protein Powders, there are a few potential drawbacks to consider:
- Cost. Due to the high-quality and organic ingredients, Orgain Protein Powder may come at a higher price point compared to other protein powders on the market.
- Limited Flavors. While the flavors offered are tasty, there may not be as wide a variety of flavors available compared to other protein supplement brands.
How to Use?
To get the most out of your Orgain Protein Powder, follow these simple guidelines for incorporating it into your daily routine.
First and foremost, measure out the appropriate serving size – two scoops. When mixing your protein powder, blend it with 12 ounces of liquid.
You can also blend it with almond milk, or other dairy-free alternatives that suit your taste preferences. If you’re feeling adventurous, experiment with different combinations to discover your favorite flavors.
In addition to standalone shakes, Orgain Protein Powder can be combined with other ingredients to create delicious smoothies. Incorporating fruits, vegetables, and other supplements will not only enhance the taste but also provide additional health benefits.
When looking for reviews on Orgain Protein Powder, you may want to take a look at various sources to get a better understanding of the product.
Note: When reading customer reviews, consider the following factors:
- Taste: Pay attention to comments regarding the taste of the protein powder, as this factor plays a significant role in your satisfaction.
- Value for money: Compare the price of Orgain Protein Powder with other brands to ensure you’re getting a product that meets both your budget and nutritional requirements.
- Ingredients: Check the list of ingredients to ensure you’re consuming a product that aligns with your dietary preferences (such as organic or vegan).
- Effectiveness: Look for feedback on how well the protein powder has worked for customers in terms of muscle gain, recovery, and overall performance.
What Do Experts Say
According to Forbes Health, Orgain Organic Protein Powder is a good choice if you’re seeking a vegan or vegetarian protein powder. This is a solid option for those following plant-based diets.
Furthermore, Orgain’s products are manufactured in registered FDA-approved food-production facilities, ensuring their quality and safety. Tested for harmful additives like cadmium, arsenic, mercury, and lead, you can trust that Orgain values ingredient quality.
Some experts recommends Orgain Organic Protein Plant Based Protein Powder, especially for individuals who can’t consume dairy. A dietitian quoted in the article explains that a blend of plant proteins, like the one present in Orgain (made of peas, brown rice, and chia seeds), offers a better variety of amino acids compared to single plant protein sources.
Who Is It Good For
Orgain Organic Protein Powder is a suitable choice if you’re looking for a vegetarian or vegan protein supplement. This plant-based powder may help you meet your protein requirements without animal-based sources. This protein powder is also an ideal choice if you want to support muscle growth and recovery.
For those with dietary restrictions or allergies, Orgain Organic Protein Powder’s dairy-free formula may be a perfect fit. It’s an excellent alternative for individuals who can’t consume dairy-based protein powders. The blend of pea, brown rice, and chia seed proteins provides a balanced source of amino acids.
Who Should Avoid It
While Orgain Protein Powder is a good choice for many, there are certain individuals who might want to avoid using this product.
People who prefer whey protein over plant-based protein may not find Orgain Protein Powder suitable for their needs. Whey protein is derived from milk and offers a different amino acid profile than plant-based proteins like the one found in Orgain. If you’re set on using whey protein for specific reasons, this powder may not be right for you.
Furthermore, some individuals may be sensitive to the grassy taste often associated with plant-based protein powders. In these cases, you might want to avoid Orgain Protein Powder and opt for a product with a flavor profile that better suits your preferences. Take some time to explore other protein powder options and find one that meets your taste and nutritional requirements.
If you’re searching for alternatives to Orgain Protein Powder, there are several other options to consider. Here are a few plant-based protein powders that might suit your needs:
- Pea Protein Isolate Powders. Pea protein isolate, in particular, tends to provide a great balance of protein and amino acids.
- Plant Protein Blends. A combination of different plant-based protein sources can offer a more diverse amino acid profil. Products like Orgain Organic Protein Plant Based Protein Powder use a blend of peas, brown rice, and chia seeds to diversify their protein content.
Cost and Where to Buy
When considering purchasing Orgain Organic Protein Powder, it’s important to know where you can find it and the cost. You can buy Orgain Protein Powder directly from their website at $24.69 per 2.03lb canister. Alternatively, the powder can also be found on Amazon and at nationwide retailers like Costco.
The cost of Orgain Protein Powder varies depending on where you buy it and the package size you choose. On the Orgain website, one container of the powder (20 servings) is priced at $29.99.
If you’re interested in a subscription service, you can receive a container every 30, 45, or 60 days, with a 25% discount on your first order and a 10% discount on all subsequent orders, plus free shipping.
Is It Worth It?
When considering Orgain Organic Protein Powder, it’s essential to weigh the pros and cons to determine if it’s worth the investment for you. The first thing to consider is the taste of the product. Many users found the taste to be pleasant, making it easy to incorporate into your daily routine.
However, keep in mind that Orgain Protein Powder might not be the perfect fit for everyone. The product is best suited for:
- Individuals seeking a plant-based protein powder
- Those who don’t mind mild flavors
- People who value certified organic ingredients and clean ingredient lists.
In your search for a plant-based protein powder, Orgain Organic Protein Powder stands out as a popular choice. With its high-quality ingredients and a range of flavors, it caters to various preferences and health needs.
Aside from its nutritional benefits, Orgain Protein Powder is also reasonably priced, making it an attractive option for individuals on a budget. The inclusion of organic superfoods in the shakes sets Orgain apart from its competitors, with its products being ideal for muscle gain, muscle recovery, and overall performance enhancement.
Is Orgain Protein Powder suitable for those with dietary restrictions?
Yes, Orgain Protein Powder is a good option for those with dietary restrictions. It is vegan, gluten-free, and lactose-free, making it suitable for a wide range of dietary needs. It is also certified organic and non-GMO.
Is Orgain Protein Powder suitable for athletes?
Yes, Orgain Protein Powder can be a good option for athletes looking to support their muscle growth and recovery. It provides a high-quality source of protein and other nutrients that can help to support overall health and wellness.
Can Orgain Protein Powder be used for weight loss?
Yes, Orgain Protein Powder can be used as part of a healthy weight loss plan. It contains fiber to promote feelings of fullness and can be used to replace higher calorie meals or snacks.
Is Orgain Protein Powder organic?
Yes, Orgain Protein Powder is made with organic ingredients, including the protein blend and creamer base. The company prides itself on using high-quality, organic ingredients to create their products.
- Allman-Farinelli, Margaret A, et al. “A Diet Rich in High-Oleic-Acid Sunflower Oil Favorably Alters Low-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol, Triglycerides, and Factor VII Coagulant Activity.” Journal of the American Dietetic Association, vol. 105, no. 7, 2005, pp. 1071–9, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.
- De Siena, Martina, et al. “Food Emulsifiers and Metabolic Syndrome: The Role of the Gut Microbiota.” Foods, vol. 11, no. 15, 25 July 2022, p. 2205, https://doi.org/10.3390/foods11152205.
- Guan, Zhi-Wei, et al. “Soluble Dietary Fiber, One of the Most Important Nutrients for the Gut Microbiota.” Molecules (Basel, Switzerland), vol. 26, no. 22, 11 Nov. 2021, p. 6802, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34833893/, https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules26226802. Accessed 7 May 2023.
- Ivanova, Stanislava, et al. “Plant-Based Diet as a Strategy for Weight Control.” Foods, vol. 10, no. 12, 8 Dec. 2021, p. 3052, https://doi.org/10.3390/foods10123052.
- Jayaprakash, Gopika, et al. “A Narrative Review on Rice Proteins: Current Scenario and Food Industrial Application.” Polymers, vol. 14, no. 15, 25 July 2022, p. 3003, https://doi.org/10.3390/polym14153003.
- Kerksick, Chad M., et al. “Plant Proteins and Exercise: What Role Can Plant Proteins Have in Promoting Adaptations to Exercise?” Nutrients, vol. 13, no. 6, 7 June 2021, p. 1962, https://doi.org/10.3390/nu13061962.
- Khalid, Waseem, et al. “Chia Seeds ( Salvia Hispanica L.): A Therapeutic Weapon in Metabolic Disorders.” Food Science & Nutrition, vol. 11, no. 1, 15 Dec. 2022, pp. 3–16, https://doi.org/10.1002/fsn3.3035. Accessed 7 May 2023.
- MOUFAKKIR, Chaimae, et al. “Antioxidant Effect of Natural Rosemary on the Oxidation of Mid-Oleic Sunflower Frying Oil on Chicken Wings.” Food Science and Technology, vol. 42, 2022, www.scielo.br, https://doi.org/10.1590/fst.70122. Accessed 7 May 2023.
- Shanthakumar, Parvathy, et al. “The Current Situation of Pea Protein and Its Application in the Food Industry.” Molecules, vol. 27, no. 16, 22 Aug. 2022, p. 5354, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9412838/, https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules27165354. Accessed 7 May 2023.
- Wang, Yong, et al. “Acid-Thermal Dextrin Prepared from Rice Starch: Structure and Encapsulation Properties.” International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, vol. 60, 1 Sept. 2013, pp. 178–180, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23748009/, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2013.05.036. Accessed 7 May 2023.
Next, check out some recent reviews you might find useful:
Leave a Reply