Argan oil is a nourishing and moisturizing ingredient that can work wonders for your hair. Packed with essential fatty acids, antioxidants, and vitamin E, it helps to improve the health and appearance of your locks. Argan oil reduces frizz, adds shine, and protects your hair from environmental damage.
Jojoba oil is a fantastic natural moisturizer for both your hair and scalp. Its composition closely resembles the natural oils produced by your scalp, making it an excellent conditioner. Jojoba oil softens and conditions your hair, preventing dryness, breakage, and split ends. It leaves your hair feeling silky and smooth
Coconut oil is well-known for its deep conditioning properties, making it a fantastic ingredient for your hair. It has the ability to penetrate the hair shaft, providing intense hydration and nourishment. Coconut oil repairs damaged hair, prevents protein loss, and encourages hair growth. It also forms a protective barrier, reducing moisture loss and shielding your hair from environmental damage.
Silk protein is a lightweight ingredient that strengthens and repairs your hair. It forms a protective layer around each strand, minimizing damage from heat styling and the elements. Silk protein improves hair elasticity, reduces breakage, and promotes smoother, more manageable locks. It leaves your hair feeling soft, silky, and rejuvenated.
Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5)
Panthenol, also known as pro-vitamin B5, offers multiple benefits to your hair. It is an excellent moisturizer, helping to retain moisture and prevent dryness. Panthenol strengthens the hair shaft, adding volume and thickness to fine or thinning hair. It promotes a healthy scalp, reduces frizz, and enhances the overall texture and shine of your hair.
Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that protects your hair from damage caused by free radicals and environmental stressors. It improves blood circulation to the scalp, promoting healthier hair growth. Vitamin E nourishes and moisturizes your hair, enhancing its strength and elasticity. It adds shine, softness, and smoothness while reducing the appearance of split ends and flyaways.
Aloe Vera Extract
Aloe vera extract is a soothing ingredient that hydrates and calms the scalp. It has anti-inflammatory properties that can alleviate scalp irritations and itching. Aloe vera extract moisturizes and conditions your hair, reducing dryness and enhancing its natural shine. It supports a healthy scalp environment, promoting optimal hair growth and overall hair health.
Function of Beauty Custom Body Wash + Lotion Ingredients & Health Benefits
Glycerin is a humectant that has the ability to attract moisture to the skin, keeping it hydrated and soft. It helps to prevent dryness and maintains the skin’s moisture balance, leaving it feeling nourished and supple.
Aloe Vera Juice
Aloe vera juice is renowned for its soothing properties and can provide hydration and comfort to the skin. It has a cooling effect and helps to calm and soothe irritation or redness, leaving the skin feeling refreshed and revitalized.
Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate
Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate is a mild surfactant derived from coconut oil. It is used in body washes to help create a luxurious foaming lather and cleanse the skin effectively. Despite its cleansing properties, it remains gentle on the skin, making it suitable for all skin types.
Vitamin E is a potent antioxidant that helps to protect the skin from environmental damage. It neutralizes free radicals and helps to maintain the overall health and integrity of the skin. Vitamin E also promotes a youthful appearance by reducing the signs of aging and supporting skin cell regeneration.
Shea butter is a rich moisturizer known for its exceptional ability to soften and hydrate the skin. It is packed with essential fatty acids and vitamins, providing deep nourishment and improving the skin’s elasticity. Shea butter helps to lock in moisture, leaving the skin smooth, supple, and rejuvenated.
Safflower oil is a lightweight oil that is rich in essential fatty acids. It moisturizes and nourishes the skin, helping to restore its natural moisture barrier. Safflower oil absorbs quickly, leaving the skin feeling soft and silky without a greasy residue.
Cetearyl alcohol is an ingredient used to emulsify the lotion, ensuring that the oil and water components blend together smoothly and prevent separation. It also acts as a stabilizer and thickener in the lotion, contributing to its creamy texture and providing a luxurious feel upon application.
- Becker, L.C., Bergfeld, W.F., Belsito, D.V., Hill, R.A., Klaassen, C.D., Liebler, D.C., Marks, J.G., Shank, R.C., Slaga, T.J., Snyder, P.W., Gill, L.J. and Heldreth, B. (2019). Safety Assessment of Glycerin as Used in Cosmetics. International Journal of Toxicology, [online] 38(3_suppl), pp.6S22S. doi: https://doi.org/10.1177/1091581819883820.
- Davis, M.G., Piliang, M.P., Bergfeld, W.F., Caterino, T.L., Fisher, B.K., Sacha, J.P., Carr, G.J., Moulton, L.T., Whittenbarger, D.J. and Schwartz, J.R. (2021). Scalp application of antioxidants improves scalp condition and reduces hair shedding in a 24-week randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. International Journal of Cosmetic Science, [online] 43 Suppl 1, pp.S14–S25. doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/ics.12734.
- Draelos, Z.D. (2018). The science behind skin care: Moisturizers. Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, 17(2), pp.138–144. doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/jocd.12490.
- Gad, H.A., Roberts, A., Hamzi, S.H., Gad, H.A., Touiss, I., Altyar, A.E., Kensara, O.A. and Ashour, M.L. (2021). Jojoba Oil: An Updated Comprehensive Review on Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Uses, and Toxicity. Polymers, [online] 13(11), p.1711. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/polym13111711.
- Gavazzoni Dias, M.F. (2015). Hair cosmetics: An overview. International Journal of Trichology, [online] 7(1), p.2. doi: https://doi.org/10.4103/0974-7753.153450.
- Gubitosa, J., Rizzi, V., Fini, P. and Cosma, P. (2019). Hair Care Cosmetics: From Traditional Shampoo to Solid Clay and Herbal Shampoo, A Review. Cosmetics, 6(1), p.13. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/cosmetics6010013.
- Li, Z. (2020). Modern Mild Skin Cleansing. Journal of Cosmetics, Dermatological Sciences and Applications, 10(02), pp.85–98. doi: https://doi.org/10.4236/jcdsa.2020.102009.
- Marsh, J.M., Whitaker, S., Felts, T., Shearouse, W., Vatter, M., Määttä, A., Thompson, M. and Hawkins, T.J. (2018). Role of Internal Lipids in Hair Health. Journal of Cosmetic Science, [online] 69(5), pp.347–356. Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30767883/.
- Moravkova, T. and Filip, P. (2013). The Influence of Emulsifier on Rheological and Sensory Properties of Cosmetic Lotions. Advances in Materials Science and Engineering, [online] 2013, pp.1–7. doi: https://doi.org/10.1155/2013/168503.
- Pelin Günç Ergönül and Zeynep Özbek (2020). Cold pressed safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.) seed oil. pp.323–333. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/b978-0-12-818188-1.00029-3.
- Pincemail, J. and Meziane, S. (2022). On the Potential Role of the Antioxidant Couple Vitamin E/Selenium Taken by the Oral Route in Skin and Hair Health. Antioxidants, 11(11), p.2270. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/antiox11112270.
- Reveny, J., Surjanto, Tanuwijaya, J. and Lois, C. (2016). Formulation of Aloe Juice (Aloe vera (L) Burm.f.) Sheet Mask as Anti-Aging. [online] Available at: https://www.semanticscholar.org/. [Accessed 4 Jul. 2023].
- Sharifi, N., Hamedeyazdan, S., Shokri, J. and Monajjemzadeh, F. (2022). Argan oil as a pretreatment of human hair before exposure to oxidative damage: Attenuated total reflectance and protein loss studies. Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology. doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/jocd.14885.
- Sonal Navinkumar Tated, Mahajan, U., Amol Walokar, Roshan and Khetade (2021). A review on marketed hair products. [online] Available at: https://www.semanticscholar.org/. [Accessed 4 Jul. 2023].
- Subasree, S., Murthykumar, K. and Dhanraj (2016). Effect of Aloe Vera in Oral Health-A Review. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology, 9(5), p.609. doi: https://doi.org/10.5958/0974-360x.2016.00116.5.
Next, check out some similar articles you might find interesting: