Sleep deprivation has become an increasingly prevalent issue in our fast-paced, modern lives. Countless individuals struggle to attain a restful night’s sleep due to various factors such as stress, anxiety, and demanding schedules. The consequences of sleeplessness are far-reaching, affecting our physical health, mental well-being, and overall productivity.
As a result, people are constantly seeking effective solutions to improve their sleep quality and reclaim their vitality.
With its potential to alleviate sleep-related difficulties and promote a more restorative sleep experience, Zleep offers hope to those desperate for a good night’s rest. However, given the abundance of products in the market making similar claims, it’s important to approach Zleep with a hint of skepticism and delve deeper into its effectiveness.
In this review, we will evaluate Zleep’s promises, exploring whether it truly holds the key to a blissful slumber or if it’s just another fleeting solution in the quest for better sleep.
What is Zleep?
Zleep is a product designed to help you achieve a better night’s sleep. By using Zleep patches, you provide your body with the necessary support to rest and recover at night. These sleep patches are intended to help you fall asleep faster, stay asleep longer, and wake up feeling refreshed and well-rested.
Zleep LLC is the company responsible for the development and marketing of the Zleep sleep patches. Their mission is to help individuals improve their overall sleep quality and lead to a healthier, more balanced lifestyle. The company is dedicated to providing customers with the resources and support needed to achieve a good night’s sleep by offering innovative, high-quality sleep products.
The concept of Zleep originated from a desire to find a natural, non-invasive solution to common sleep issues. It was born out of frustration with traditional sleep aids, which often have side effects or lose effectiveness over time.
The founders of Zleep LLC sought a better way to support healthy sleep habits and developed the Zleep sleep patches as an effective and easy-to-use solution that can be incorporated into anyone’s bedtime routine.
By using Zleep patches, you can take a proactive approach to managing your sleep and set yourself up for a rewarding and energizing day ahead.
The Zleep sleep patches are adhesive patches that you apply to your skin before bedtime. They work by releasing natural ingredients throughout the night, helping your body relax and stay in a deep sleep. Some of the main ingredients in Zleep patches include:
- Melatonin. A natural hormone that regulates sleep cycles by signaling the pineal gland to release this hormone at night and encourage sleepiness.
- Lavender. A calming herb known for its sleep-inducing properties.
- Valerian Root. A herbal remedy used for centuries to treat insomnia and anxiety, valerian root has been shown to reduce sleep latency and improve sleep quality.
- Ashwagandha. A popular adaptogenic herb that helps reduce stress and anxiety. Ashwagandha works in synergy with melatonin to promote a sense of calm and improve your overall sleep quality.
- Chamomile. A natural sleep aid, has been used for centuries to alleviate sleep disorders and provide a calming effect. It contains the flavonoid apigenin, which binds to specific receptors in your brain, reducing anxiety and promoting sleep.
- L-theanine: An amino acid commonly found in tea leaves, L-theanine has been shown to promote relaxation and improve sleep quality due to its ability to increase GABA levels in the brain.
Zleep patches offer several health benefits, including:
- Helping you fall asleep easier.
- Assisting in staying asleep for longer durations.
- Promoting a refreshed feeling upon waking up.
- Enhancing the overall sense of feeling rested.
These benefits are attributed to the ingredients found in Zleep patches, such as melatonin, chamomile, ashwagandha, and valerian root. By following the recommended usage instructions, you may experience improved sleep quality and a more rejuvenating sleep experience. However, individual results may vary.
Pros and Cons
When considering the Zleep supplement, it’s important to weigh the pros and cons to determine if it’s the right choice for you. In this section, we’ll go over some of the key advantages and drawbacks of taking Zleep.
- Zleep has been reported to effectively improve sleep quality, helping users experience more restful and rejuvenating slumber.
- Better sleep can have numerous benefits for overall health, including a strengthened immune system, enhanced concentration, and increased energy levels.
- Zleep is formulated with high-quality ingredients like melatonin, chamomile, and valerian root, known for their relaxation and sleep-promoting properties.
- Zleep may not be a comprehensive solution for everyone. Some users may require a more targeted approach or consultation with a healthcare professional.
- Some users may experience skin irritation or allergic reactions to the adhesive used in the patches. It’s crucial to check the ingredients and perform a patch test before applying the product extensively.
The decision to incorporate Zleep into your routine should be based on your personal preferences and health goals. While Zleep has shown promise in enhancing sleep quality it’s essential to consider the potential limitations and consult a healthcare professional when necessary. By carefully weighing the pros and cons, you can make an informed decision about whether Zleep aligns with your unique sleep needs.
How to Use?
To get the most out of Zleep’s transdermal patches, follow these simple steps for optimal skin benefits. First, make sure your skin is clean and free of any dirt or oils. This will ensure that the adhesive sticks properly and helps the transdermal technology work effectively.
Before applying the patch, take a moment to examine your skin, paying close attention to the pores. This is important because the patch works best when placed on areas with fewer pores such as the inner forearm or shoulder. Avoid placing the patch directly on areas with large pores or open cuts, as this may affect the absorption of the patch’s ingredients.
Peel off the protective layer from the adhesive side of the patch and gently press it onto your chosen area. Make sure the adhesive is in full contact with your skin, smoothing out any air bubbles or creases. The patch should feel comfortable and secure on your skin without causing any irritation.
Remember that transdermal patches are designed to release their ingredients slowly over time, so be patient with the process. Leave the patch on for the recommended duration, typically between 8 to 24 hours, depending on the specific product instructions. This will allow the patch to deliver its benefits directly to your skin, bypassing the digestive system and optimizing absorption.
When it’s time to remove the patch, simply peel it off gently from your skin. If any adhesive residue is left behind, use a gentle cleanser and warm water to wash it away. It’s normal for your skin to appear slightly red or irritated immediately after removing the patch, but this should subside within a few hours.
By carefully following these instructions, you can enjoy the benefits of Zleep’s transdermal patches and help maintain the health and appearance of your skin.
In your search for information on Zleep, you may want to consider some related studies that have been conducted. While there might not be specific clinical trials on Zleep itself, there are numerous studies focusing on the various factors that contribute to quality sleep.
Melatonin is widely recognized as one of the most extensively studied supplements for sleep. In a 2017 medical review, melatonin supplementation was found to effectively synchronize circadian rhythms, reduce the time it takes to fall asleep, and improve overall sleep quality and duration.
Chamomile, another ingredient in Zleep, has demonstrated promising results in improving sleep quality and reducing anxiety. A meta-study published in the Phytotherapy Research journal concluded that chamomile significantly enhanced sleep quality and reduced anxiety scores.
Ashwagandha, an herbal ingredient also found in Zleep, has been clinically shown to improve sleep quality. The results from a study provide further evidence supporting the potential of Ashwagandha root extract in improving sleep quality and managing insomnia.
The study observed that participants, regardless of their health condition and age, experienced improved sleep quality when supplemented with Ashwagandha root extract. Importantly, the extract was well tolerated by all participants, indicating its safety profile.
Similarly, valerian root, present in Zleep, has been found to enhance sleep quality based on a 2020 medical review that analyzed data from numerous clinical trials.
Despite the potential effectiveness of these ingredients for sleep improvement, it’s worth noting that the dosage of these substances in Zleep may be relatively low. Zleep combines these herbal ingredients in a “Dream Patch Complex” with a total dosage of only 65 milligrams (mg), resulting in an approximate dosage of only 11 mg per ingredient.
To provide optimal efficacy, the clinical research cited earlier suggests higher dosages for these ingredients. For example, ashwagandha’s effective dose for sleep is over 100 mg, while chamomile and valerian root have effective doses exceeding 100 mg and ranging from 300-600 mg per day, respectively, as indicated by the reviewed studies.
While Zleep does not contain any ingredients considered likely to be harmful, it is important to consider that several of its active ingredients may be included in insufficient doses to have a significant impact on sleep quality.
Therefore, it’s advisable to carefully evaluate the dosage and consult with a healthcare professional before relying solely on Zleep or any other sleep supplement for addressing sleep-related concerns.
When exploring customer reviews for Zleep, you will notice a mix of positive and negative feedback. As you read through the reviews, it’s essential to remember that individual experiences may vary.
Many customers express satisfaction with Zleep products, highlighting their comfort and quality. Users often mention that Zleep patches have improved their overall sleep quality. Additionally, some customers appreciate the company’s friendly and helpful customer service.
One user expressed their positive experience with the patches after using them for approximately a week. They found the patches easy to apply, though they mentioned that applying them with sufficient pressure, especially at the corners and edges, was important. Although they didn’t fall asleep quickly, once they did, they were able to stay asleep for several hours. Overall, they considered Zleep to be the most effective sleep method they had tried so far, acknowledging that individual results may vary.
On the other hand, you may also come across negative reviews while researching Zleep. Some customers have raised complaints regarding their products’ effectivity. They claimed that the product’s fundamental concept of adhesive patches did not work effectively, making it impossible to determine if the product itself was effective.
In contrast, they suggested taking melatonin from a tablet, which they found to be a more reliable and efficient solution for inducing sleep. They concluded by expressing their dissatisfaction with the product and likened the cost of purchasing Zleep to simply burning money, suggesting that both options resulted in the same outcome in terms of sleep.
To gain a comprehensive understanding of Zleep’s products and services, it is vital to consider both the positive and negative aspects of the customer reviews. Analyzing a range of opinions will help you make an informed decision about whether Zleep is the right choice for your sleep needs.
Remember, it’s always critical to be critical of the information you gather and make your verdict according to your needs and preferences.
What Do Experts Say
It’s important to note that the effectiveness of sleep aids can vary from person to person. While some individuals may find Zleep helpful in improving their sleep, others may not experience the same results. It’s always recommended to consult with a healthcare professional before trying any new sleep aid or supplement.
The dosage provided by Zleep is significantly below the recommended levels, making the patch unsuitable for its intended purpose. The limited quantity of each ingredient undermines its effectiveness.
For instance, scientific research suggests that to experience improvements in sleep quality, a minimum of 100 mg of ashwagandha is required. Similarly, chamomile is typically effective at doses exceeding 100 mg, while valerian root necessitates a substantial 300-600 mg per day to yield any noticeable benefits.
Interestingly, Zleep combines these herbal ingredients into a blend called the ‘Dream Patch Complex.’ Unfortunately, the specific amounts of each ingredient are not disclosed, making it impossible to determine the actual dosage.
However, it is apparent that the ‘Dream Patch Complex’ contains six ingredients and provides a mere 65 mg of total dosage per patch. Consequently, this equates to an average of approximately 11 mg per ingredient, which falls significantly short of the recommended amounts for optimal results.
If you’re considering Zleep to help improve your sleep quality, it’s helpful to know some alternatives available in the market. This will allow you to make an informed decision and choose the solution that suits your needs best.
One widely accessible option is to shop for sleep products on Amazon. With a vast variety of sleep aids, such as supplements, sleep masks, and white noise machines, Amazon offers several choices to address your sleeplessness concerns.
Another natural alternative for better sleep is drinking sleep-promoting tea. Herbal teas like chamomile or valerian root tea are known for their calming effects and can help you relax before bedtime. Adding these teas to your nightly routine can potentially improve your sleep quality without using any external sleep products.
Furthermore, some people find relief in trying out different sleep products that cater to their specific sleep issues. For instance, if you struggle with an uncomfortable mattress or pillow, consider investing in ergonomic sleep solutions. These products are designed to provide the necessary support and alignment for your body while you sleep, resulting in a better night’s rest.
Lastly, consider making adjustments to your sleep environment, such as reducing light and noise, regulating room temperature, and creating a relaxing bedtime routine. Implementing these changes can significantly help in combatting sleeplessness and lead to better, more rejuvenating sleep.
By exploring the options mentioned, you can determine the most appropriate alternative for improving your sleep quality and overall well-being.
Cost and Where to Buy
The price of Zleep patches depends on whether you make a one-time purchase or choose the subscribe and save option. For a one-time purchase, the cost is $39.98. However, if you opt for the subscribe and save option, you can avail a 50% discount, bringing the price down to $19.99.
Subscribing allows you to receive regular shipments of Zleep patches at a discounted rate, providing potential long-term savings. It’s worth noting that prices may vary over time, so it’s recommended to check the current pricing on the official Zleep website or authorized retailers.
In conclusion, the Zleep review reveals mixed feedback and considerations. While some users have reported positive experiences, such as improved sleep quality and duration, it’s important to note that individual responses may vary. Including well-studied ingredients like melatonin, chamomile, ashwagandha, and valerian root suggests potential benefits for sleep support.
However, concerns arise regarding the dosage of these ingredients in Zleep, with some experts suggesting they may be insufficient to yield noticeable effects.
Additionally, personal factors such as specific health conditions, medication interactions, and individual preferences should be taken into account. Consulting with a healthcare professional before incorporating Zleep or any sleep aid is highly advised.
As with any product, it is crucial to consider both the positive and negative aspects discussed in the review to make an informed decision about whether Zleep aligns with your sleep needs and goals.
How do Zleep patches work?
Zleep patches work by delivering a blend of ingredients, such as melatonin, chamomile, ashwagandha, and valerian root, directly to the skin. These ingredients are believed to promote relaxation and improve sleep quality.
How should I apply Zleep patches?
To apply Zleep patches, clean and dry the skin where you plan to place the patch. Peel off the backing and firmly press the patch onto the desired area, such as the inner wrist or the back of the neck. Ensure proper adhesion to maximize effectiveness.
Can I cut the Zleep patches into smaller pieces?
It’s generally not recommended to cut Zleep patches into smaller pieces, as the distribution of ingredients may be affected. It’s best to use the patches as directed.
How long should I wear the Zleep patches?
Zleep patches are typically designed to be worn overnight. Follow the instructions provided with the product to determine the recommended duration for wearing the patches.
Are Zleep patches waterproof?
Zleep patches may not be fully waterproof, and excessive exposure to water may reduce their adhesion. It’s advisable to avoid prolonged contact with water while wearing the patches.
Can I use Zleep patches every night?
The frequency of Zleep patch usage may vary depending on individual needs and preferences. It’s recommended to follow the instructions provided and consult with a healthcare professional for personalized guidance.
Can I use Zleep patches alongside other sleep aids or medications?
It’s essential to consult with a healthcare professional before combining Zleep patches with other sleep aids or medications. They can provide guidance on potential interactions and help determine the best approach for your specific situation.
Are there any known side effects of using Zleep patches?
Zleep patches are generally well-tolerated, but like any product, there is a possibility of experiencing side effects. These may include skin irritation, allergic reactions, or drowsiness. If you encounter any adverse reactions, discontinue use and seek medical advice.
Can I use Zleep patches if I have sensitive skin?
If you have sensitive skin, it’s advisable to perform a patch test on a small area of skin before applying the Zleep patches to ensure there are no adverse reactions. If irritation occurs, discontinue use and consult a healthcare professional.
Can I use Zleep patches during pregnancy or while breastfeeding?
Pregnant or breastfeeding individuals should consult with a healthcare professional before using Zleep patches. They can provide personalized advice based on your specific circumstances to ensure the safety and suitability of the product.
- Bent, Stephen, et al. “Valerian for Sleep: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.” The American Journal of Medicine, vol. 119, no. 12, Dec. 2006, pp. 1005–1012, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4394901/, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjmed.2006.02.026.
- Cheah, Kae Ling, et al. “Effect of Ashwagandha (Withania Somnifera) Extract on Sleep: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.” PLOS ONE, vol. 16, no. 9, 24 Sept. 2021, p. e0257843, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0257843.
- Gupta, Sanjay. “Chamomile: A Herbal Medicine of the Past with a Bright Future (Review).” Molecular Medicine Reports, vol. 3, no. 6, 28 Sept. 2010, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2995283/, https://doi.org/10.3892/mmr.2010.377.
- Hieu, Truong Hong, et al. “Therapeutic Efficacy and Safety of Chamomile for State Anxiety, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Insomnia, and Sleep Quality: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Trials and Quasi-Randomized Trials.” Phytotherapy Research: PTR, vol. 33, no. 6, 1 June 2019, pp. 1604–1615, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31006899/, https://doi.org/10.1002/ptr.6349.
- Koulivand, Peir Hossein, et al. “Lavender and the Nervous System.” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, no. 681304, 2013, pp. 1–10, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3612440/, https://doi.org/10.1155/2013/681304.
- Langade, Deepak, et al. “Clinical Evaluation of the Pharmacological Impact of Ashwagandha Root Extract on Sleep in Healthy Volunteers and Insomnia Patients: A Double-Blind, Randomized, Parallel-Group, Placebo-Controlled Study.” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 264, Jan. 2021, p. 113276, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jep.2020.113276. Accessed 2 June 2023.
- Rao, Theertham P., et al. “In Search of a Safe Natural Sleep Aid.” Journal of the American College of Nutrition, vol. 34, no. 5, 11 Mar. 2015, pp. 436–447, https://doi.org/10.1080/07315724.2014.926153. Accessed 8 June 2020.
- Salve, Jaysing, et al. “Adaptogenic and Anxiolytic Effects of Ashwagandha Root Extract in Healthy Adults: A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Clinical Study.” Cureus, vol. 11, no. 12, 25 Dec. 2019, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6979308/, https://doi.org/10.7759/cureus.6466.
- Shinjyo, Noriko, et al. “Valerian Root in Treating Sleep Problems and Associated Disorders—a Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.” Journal of Evidence-Based Integrative Medicine, vol. 25, 1 Jan. 2020, p. 2515690X2096732, https://doi.org/10.1177/2515690×20967323.
- Xie, Zizhen, et al. “A Review of Sleep Disorders and Melatonin.” Neurological Research, vol. 39, no. 6, May 2017, pp. 559–565, https://doi.org/10.1080/01616412.2017.1315864.
- Zisapel, Nava. “New Perspectives on the Role of Melatonin in Human Sleep, Circadian Rhythms and Their Regulation.” British Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 175, no. 16, 15 Jan. 2018, pp. 3190–3199, https://doi.org/10.1111/bph.14116.
Next, check out some recent reviews you might find useful: