Product Design Lead
Repositive is changing the way genetics researchers discover and interact with human DNA data. Data access is difficult and time consuming, a bottleneck for advances in cancer and genetic diseases research. Our ambition is to empower and enable our users to build a strong community around finding, accessing and sharing genomic data.
We believe in providing a well-crafted experience for our users, we want our software to be both beautiful and functional to give our users the best possible experience of our platform. For this, we are looking for a talented designer to take Repositive’s design capabilities to the next level.
- Be involved in every aspect of the process, from brainstorming to tweaking pixels prior to release. You will take broad concepts and from these produce flows and experiences that are simple, elegant and valuable to users.
- Shape product direction and define goals.
- Rapidly iterate through multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Rapidly incorporate feedback and prioritise collaboration.
- Build solid relationships within the product and engineering teams using your leadership skills.
- Improve, advise and implement design strategies and process.
- Actively mentor junior designers and interns.
You should have:
- 5+ years’ experience in product design, shipping products of significant complexity.
- An excellent portfolio, demonstrating a high level of proficiency in interaction and visual design, and idea generation.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Leadership skills, enabling you to build solid relationships throughout the team.
- Experienced with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design. High skill levels in product thinking, interaction design, execution and craft is generally solid across the board with particular areas of strength.
- The ability to rapidly iterate through multiple concepts and prototypes, incorporating feedback and prioritising collaboration.
- Expert design skills, particularly using Sketch, Marvel and of course pen and paper.
- Strong communication skills, helping brainstorm initial design concepts ad working with our users to understand their needs ensuring the development of useful products and features.
You are also:
- All-rounder: Spanning many design disciplines, including: user research, information architecture, prototyping, ideation, interaction design and visual design.
- Passionate: About our mission and excited about science and the field of genomics.
- User oriented: Our products must be easy to use.
- Leader: You are expected to build solid relationship and nurture talent.
- Team player: We are a small product team so communication and team spirit is important.
- Perks: Agile and creative working environment, quality equipment, team runs, climbing, cheesecake, team events, etc.
- Contacts: We collaborate with experts across fields of computer science and genomics. Our big support network will help you grow, and you will be constantly learning on the job.
- Exposure: Learn every aspect of how a start-up operates.
- Experience: The benefit to further your knowledge contributing to a web platform and application that is still in its infancy.
Who we are:
A young, friendly and enthusiastic team made up of genomics scientists, designers and developers. We have a flat organization structure and you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact from the ideas and designs you contribute. We support Open Source and Open Science initiatives, and we consider the impact of our decisions not only on shareholders but also on employees, customers, suppliers, community and the environment.
We listen to our users, and let their needs guide our way. We are passionate about crafting products to address the issues of data access and to connect the world of human genomic data. We care deeply for, and have empathy for, the struggles of both data users and data providers in genomic research and are driven by the potential of Repositive products to solve these issues.
When applying for this role attach or provide a link to your portfolio.
Send an email to email@example.com, including the following:
- your CV, cover letter and portfolio (if applicable)
- the position you are applying for
- why you want to be a part of Repositive, a startup with a strong social mission
- a description of your scientific background (if any)